Burke is huge!! According to our bathroom scale, he's 16 pounds. I'll do the math for you: 8 pounds of weight gain divided by 9 weeks of life is..........just under a pound a week! A pound a week equals (=) a 2 month-old baby in 6 month clothes! (In other weight related news, I only have 5 pounds to go until I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight. I'll do the math for you: baby nursing a billion times a day + huge baby wanting to be lugged around all the live-long day (currently typing with one hand) + eating foods that can be prepared, eaten & cleaned up with one hand = weight loss you deserve because you definitely don't have the time (or enough arms) to exercise for real. Now if only I could get back to pre-pregnancy muscle tone & clothes fittingness - it's a word, trust me.)
Burke's smiling a little bit - mostly when we lay him in his bed to watch his mobile while we try to get things done. I have gotten one or two all-the-way-to-his-eyes smiles while I've been talking to him. He still fusses quite a bit at all hours of the day. It's worse at night, but after he cries for a few hours, he'll sleep for 5 hours straight if I wrap him up really tight.
Carson isn't sleeping very well. I figure in another 4 or 5 months I can let them both cry it out & not worry about one waking up the other.
Carson snoozing
Burke's room
I got called to be Relief Society secretary.
We stood in line for 3 (freaking) hours for our swine flu shots. Carson didn't make a peep. He fussed more about getting a haircut than he did about getting a shot.
I met Mark's cousin Shane. Let's just say the words "Runkel," "flute-a-phone" & "kazoo" were used. He's so funny!
I'm taking dinner to someone tonight, so I need to get going.......and try to put the baby down so I can actually get some things done.
2 comments:
It sounds like things are good and maybe getting easier? Or maybe not easier, but you have figured things out more? Either way things sound good. And Burke's room looks cute. Well, I'm glad you gave us an update... not that you blog for other people but yeah. See you soon.
burke's room is super cute! i was just looking through some old pictures the other day, and one was of you, in this room, pregnant. . . but it was ready for a girl! ha. i laughed, then thought, "what would she do without carson in her life?" crazy how things work out.
what the runkel? lol.
Post a Comment