He has his pleasant moments
I was trying to get a picture of his "caterpillar toe". He's got like six lines on his second toe. I love it!
He's great when he's doing this........
He usually gives me about 10 minutes of smiles & little "guffaws" right when he wakes up. And then he fusses for me to feed him. And then he fusses because I fed him. And then two hours later he goes to sleep. And then I run around like crazy trying to get things done while he's asleep. He's doing really well at night though! He goes to sleep at 10:30 or 11 (which feels really late!) and then sleeps 'til 6am & eats & goes back to sleep for another hour or 2. It feels really good, although I'm still quite tired. I guess I haven't caught up from the last 2 months yet. I would love to get to the point where I feel like I can stay up at 6 after he eats & do things like exercise, read my scriptures, etc. I'll let you know when I get to that point, but as for now, scripture study is usually for 10 minutes during one of his naps or else for 1 minute right before I fall in to bed. Pathetic, I know. Exercise hasn't found it's way into the routine at all yet. Meh.
We did have a miracle of miracles one night. I knew he was tired, but he just wouldn't relax & fall asleep. So out of exasperation I just laid him in his crib & walked out. A minute later I went back & he was asleep! I know that professional moms would think this isn't much of a miracle because their kids fall asleep like that all time, but mine don't! Carson didn't do that until I made him cry it out at 7.5 months. Burke did it that night & the next day for one of his naps & then hasn't done it since. It was very revealing to actually see it happen, though, because I was convinced it's one of those things written in books that isn't really true (like breastfeeding your baby isn't painful. HA!).
Burke has a bath every night before bed. It's a lot of work to do it EVERY night, but he sleeps so much better when we do it. He loves the bath! He calms right down & smiles when we scrub his hair & kicks like a mad man to hear & feel the water. He used to hate having lotion put on, but he's over that now. Now he HATES to have his shirt & jammies put on. My theory is that putting on a onesie is reminiscent of coming down the birth canal - not that fun really.
Carson has mellowed out quite a bit. He still gets really wound up around dinner time when Mark comes home, but he does really well during the day. He always asks, "you pway wiff me pwease?" and it melts heart. I wish I took advantage of it more instead of having to worry about housework & church-work & all that. And I wish I remembered how to play. Where did my imagination go?
He had a high fever for a few days a couple of weeks ago. He would always want more medicine (I'm pretty sure Children's Tylenol is pure sugar) & we'd tell him we had to take his tamptchure (temperature) first. We'd put the thermoddeder (thermometer) in his ear & wait for it to beep & then he'd raise his hands in the air & say "I'm sick!!" He does that when he has to finish what's on his plate before he can have a treat. He'll shovel food in his mouth & then raise his hands & say "I want a treat!"
I'm sure he's picked this up from Mark & me, but whenever we ask him if he wants something or wants to do something, he'll shrug his shoulders & say "Um, sure." Sometimes it's indecisive "Uuummmm, sure." Other times it's really excited-like "Oh! SURE!"
He gives Burkie kisses all the time, but he has to kiss him & then touch his cheek to the place that he kissed him. He leaned over & kissed Burke on the leg the other day & touch his cheek to it. I said "Oh, kisses are nice, Cars'" He came back with "Yeah, kisses are nice. Hugs are....aawww" Whenever Mark leaves for work (or anywhere really) Carson always tells Mark "I need a kiss and a huhg! And Mom needs one. And Burkie needs one."
Mark's teaching Carson to count in Russian. He copies Mark pretty well!
He likes to watch "Wundice in Lundahland" (Alice in Wonderland).
He also says "saw-y" (sorry) - except when he hurts someone & then it's like pulling teeth to get him to apologize. He was pretty rough with some of his cousins over Thanksgiving. I think he gets over-tired & just can't help himself. I told him that if he made someone cry again, we'd have to go home. Someone downstairs started crying & he came running upstairs crying, saying "I don't want to go home!" He has a lot of fun with his cousins though. The other night when everyone was leaving, he slumped to the floor & put his head in his hands and said "My cousins" in a really sad voice.
So that's a little update on the kids. Mark's doing well. He's ecstatic that BYU beat The U on Saturday. I'm pretty good too. I feel like I'm functioning with half a brain & I'm hoping that'll pass when I start catching up on sleep.......whenever that will be!
4 comments:
Thanks Hil Great Blog!
I loved it all.
It was so fun to spend a little time you guys this week! We will see you just after Christmas!
Yay!! That is a GREAT update! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you write the words exactly how Carson says them. And I'm so glad to hear Burke is sleeping good. And you sound like you're doing a lot better. Burkie is so stinkin cute. I just wanna munch his cheeks!!
I also want to munch Burke's cheeks. Where is this child, and why haven't I met him yet? Weird. I love everything you write about Carson, it's so great. I am hoping you get some sleep soon!!!
P.S. Exercise is over rated. You have a great excuse right now, milk it!!! I totally did. . . and still am. . . crap.
Post a Comment