Carson loves to show people our "Chrimptus Twee." I have a cheap little nativity set that I let him play with. When he's done, he places all the figures surrounding/looking at baby Jesus. I got a picture of it, but it won't upload for some reason. We love listening to "Chrimptus Mugitz"
It kind of doesn't feel like Christmas yet because we have clear blue skies & have only had a skiff of snow once a month or so ago. I'm definitely dreaming of a white Christmas!
In other news......I forgot some funny things about Carson.
He doesn't like to wear pants. He wears a onesie & I put pants on him in the morning, but more often than not they come off during the day & don't make it back on. He was playing with an old cell phone the other day. I peeked around the corner just as he was pulling it out of the leg hole & opening it!! He was using it as a pocket!! He climbs up on our computer desk sometimes, and the other day he was trying to get down by himself & he got hung up on his onesie. He was kind of whimpering & I didn't really pay attention because he overreacts about everything. Finally I turned around & he was holding himself up with his arms on the top of the desk & the arm of the chair while the leg hole of his onesie was wrapped around the door pull on the bottom door. He was swinging his legs & crying......so funny! Ooops!
He really does overreact about everything that goes wrong. We're working on using words to ask for help instead of freaking out. His words of choice are usually "Oh man!!" Sometimes it's fast & panicked, "Oh man! Oh man! Oh man!" and sometimes it's drawn out & disappointed, "Ooohh maaan!"
Mark brought some movies home from the library the other day. Brother Bear - Brudder Bear. Mulan - Move Lawn. and Chicken Run - Chicken Rug. "No, Carsie, it's Chicken RUN." "Oooooh, Chicken, Rung." "ok, whatever."
Taking Carson to his room when he's in trouble & letting him stay in there by himself for a few minutes seems to be the most effective discipline tool lately. One night Mark scooped him up to take him back to his room & Carson started crying & yelling, "Let's talk about it!" Just a few nights ago, I was putting him to bed & he didn't want to stay in his bed - big surprise. He tried to tell me how things usually work, "You tell me, 'here's the deal'." Apparently Dad makes deals at bedtime. Mom doesn't!
He'll tell you two or three times what he's going to do while he's about to do it. He'll turn his head & tell you while he's walking & pointing his finger at you, telling you what he's doing. "I'm gonna go do suppin (something). I'm gonna go talk to Burke. You stay here, I'm gonna go talk to Burke." (finger pointed) Yes, he's walked into doors & walls & couches on more than several occasions because he's so caught up in talking to you. (Picture the boy from Disney's "The Kid" if you've ever seen it)
Burkie has started giggling when we take OFF his shirt before his bath - cutest thing EVER!! He still screams bloody murder when we put his shirt on.
5 comments:
I love your Christmas house. . . who is going to fill the other two stockings?
Carson is hilarious. I can't wait for the talking stage. Yes, I can. I don't want to hurry anything right now! lol.
I love those pictures of Burke, finally I can see what he looks like. Bring him over, asap.
Burke is looking so much older and much more like you and Mark and Carson. I am excited about the remodel! I bet you are too. Well, thanks for all the funny stories. See you guys in a few weeks!
Your posts always make me smile - You are always so descriptive with what Carson's saying! He's hilarious. I can just picture him giving you a mouthful and bumping into a door, wall, etc. Kids are so funny.
Burke looks darling in the picture! You have beautiful boys.
P.S. I'll share some snow with you. We've got lots now!
Hillie--I love this post it was a LOL one. Your Christmas house is beautiful--Good job!
I loved this post too! Burkie is such a cute little muffin! He looks just like you. I also enjoy the Carson stories. Loving that he tells you "Let's talk about it!"
And all your Christmas stuff looks just awesome! And I wanna know more about your Renos' - that's exciting!!
Post a Comment