Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Milestones Galore

Carson turned three this past Friday. Three! I've heard moms say that three is worse than the terrible twos. I have to agree. About two weeks ago, it seems something triggered in him & he's a little beast sometimes. Not listening mostly. Pestering his brother to no end. Going outside & across the street to the neighbors without anyone knowing..... ugh. But, man, do I love him! He's so much fun when he's behaving. He says the funniest things - "Mom, do ducks have ears?" "What do dogs do with their teeth?" We came out of the doctor's office after his check-up (39" tall, 31 pounds) - "Mom, he didn't tell me that I have potatoes growing in my ears!" (I may or may not have told him that we had to clean his ears really good or else the doctor might find potatoes growing in there.....) We got out our swimming pool & he played in there most of the day for his birthday. We opened presents that night & ended up going to grandma & grandpa's house for ice cream & cookies. It was a great day!

Burke did really well at his check-up too. He's 29" long and 23 lbs, 15oz. He's wearing 18 month clothes for the most part. Clothes Carson was wearing when he was walking - weird. It seems like all in one week he started pulling himself up to standing against the furniture, clapping, waving (and suddenly not sleeping through the night - ugh). We gave him his first hair cut!! He's always so happy and pretty easy-going - which is great when Carson's being........less than kind.

Only a couple of days left until the kids & I go home! I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow - can't wait!!! - and hoping to get one more day to play in the pool before we go. I've spent the last month thinking about all the things I want to see, do, eat while I'm home - real sunsets, chinese food, poutine, slurpees & fat twizzlers, Superstore! CANNOT WAIT!!!

I got a Bosch!!!!! I haven't used it yet because we've been playing outside a lot & I don't want to be stuck inside making stuff & heating up the house, but I'm super excited to make bread!!!





We went with some of the cousins to the Zermatt & rode the carousel the day after Carson's birthday.


Bubble machine from Avery & London

Playing in the pool - he's 3!!



Pre-haircut


Post-haircut

FHE/Family Birthday Party for Scott, Mark & Carson


5 comments:

The Merrills said...

Aw your boys are getting so big! Happy birthday to Carson! I bet it was a grand celebration!

Amber said...

Aww....hope Carson had a FUN day. Three is worse than two, but then I think four is worse than three! lol. Good luck....=) Hope your hair is good! have fun in Canada, be safe, see ya when you guys get home.

kelsey said...

that is so bizarre that he is three already.
are we twins? i love that we both have bosch's now. you can share all your recipes with me!

too bad raymond doesn't have slurpees. . . lol. you'll have to visit lethbridge a lot. i'm dying for a root beer slurpee!!!!!

kyleandtaryn said...

I just wrote the longest comment ever and then it deleted it because I was logged in under my brothers account. So. Recap.
Your boys are ADORABLE! I hope we can all see each other in Raymond this year.
Could you and Kels please inform Kyle that I NEED a bosch...oh, and congrats on yours. Ha.
I was planning on three being better than two...crap. Claire is fun and awesome, but there is a beast that lurks within and it comes for a visit a few times a day...awesome.
There. I think I remembered it all...weird that this was way shorter...

Jay&Nic said...

Your boys are stinkin Ca-ute! Can't believe you have a 3year old! Hope Carson had a super duper birthday!:)