Things here are good. The weather's been kinda un-springy - which is hard to take when you've been stuck in the house with a sick baby all winter. But I'm hoping for good things this summer.
My Mom & Dad came to visit (almost a month ago) for a few days. We went swimming & they helped us finish our (square-foot) garden. We ate good food & had a good time. Carson loves doing stuff with Cwappah Bwett.
We went to the safe kids fair & got Burke a new convertible carseat because he's outgrown his rear-facing one. We also got Carson a bike helmet, which he loves, so now "he can be safe when he rides his bike."
I've been out garage sale-ing a little bit this year. I'm on the hunt for a double jogging stroller (side-by-side) if anyone sees one....... I've got a few things to spray paint, etc - which is all part of the fun for me. Now I just need to have a warmish day with no wind so I can actually do it.
Yesterday was Memorial Day & we went to "A Day Out With Thomas" here at the train station. Carson liked riding on the train, but asked me for a fruit snack half-way through the 20 minute ride. "You're not having a fruit snack. You're riding the train & you're going to enjoy it." I'm nice like that. He really did have fun, I promise. We went in the little hay bale maze & got our card stamped at all of the other activities & Carson got his little prize. It was a fun morning. Then we came home & hung out for a while & then had some of Mark's family over for a barbecue. We grilled some yummy vegetables & had hamburgers & hotdogs & salad & fruit. Then we went up to the cemetery. It was 8pm, so it was dusk & all the flowers seemed so bright. I went to take a picture & realized I only had the camera case & not the camera so I'm hoping to go up there tonight & get a picture. It was a really fun day.
Burke is teething again which means his yucky cough is back. He's pretty pleasant all things considered. We go for his 9-month check up on June 18th. He started doing a little bit of a crawl last week. He'd stretch his arms way out & then push with his toes & drag one of his legs - think 'wounded soldier'. This week, he's up on all fours & doing better. He still doesn't look very coordinated, but he can go pretty fast when he's after something he wants. He was sleeping really good until he got sick again. He's still doing better than when he was really little & sick. He puts everything in his mouth. I have a perma-bruise on my shoulder because he bites like no other. He's eating stage 3 food - mostly because the jars are bigger & I don't have to open two small ones each meal. I'm still nursing him quite a bit because he won't take formula.
I think that's all the news around here. I'm planning to go home for a couple of weeks at the beginning of July & I can't wait!! I'm excited for Carson to get to play with his other cousins & to spend time with Jenn & my parents on their turf.
Burke just crawled over to the back door & pulled it open (it wasn't closed tight) and now he's on his way outside. He's such a turkey. Hence, he's 'Turkey Burke' or 'Burkie Turk'
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. In reverse order, of course.
Thomas - we were dumb & waited until was pulling out of the station to try & get a picture. He was there, so were we. Maybe we'll get a better picture next year.
Sir Topham Hatt. Just leaving his shift when we got there.
6 comments:
Fun!FUN!FUN! Loved the pictures and the write up. Thomas looked like a great little outing. Won't be long til Burke says "Give a picture of me holding Carson down." They are such cute boys. Love 'em
You are better than me. I lost my picasa and now taking pictures is a rare thing. My poor second child has close to zero evidence that he was ever on earth. You are also better for many other reasons. Perhaps I would like to go garage sale-ing with you? Maybe. Oh, and we are your family too.
YAY! So happy to see this today. thanks :)
I love reading about your kids. Burke seems to be right on track with Brodyn. He is also teething. 4 on their way in right now. Not too fun but atleast he doesn't get too cranky. Just fussy. Brodyn is starting to pull himself up on the couch and our hands, is Burke doing that? Any bumps or bruises yet? Brodyn got on on his poor little forhead.
I sure wish I had blogging to keep track of Justice. It would be so fun to look back and see both my kids progress.
Thanks for the update! Loved it!
i love all the pictures of carson holding burke! ha. what a little chunky monkey.
Also, i have that same yellow shirt!!! i'm sad though, cause i bought it two sizes too big (to wear while pregnant) and that means i won't be able to wear it when i'm not, it's so super cute. i'll just borrow yours i guess when i'm not pregnant!
oh, and yes, we are going up for the first. if i don't die along the way. . . ugh.
My kids would die of happiness to be your kids. You guys do such FUN things! Your kids are SOOO cute!
I have owned about 6 strollers in my lifetime. I now have a side-by-side jogging stroller and I LOVE IT. Whatever you do, get a swivel wheel!! Makes it SOOO much easier to maneuver and get places! (P.S. I do also have umbrella strollers that I hook together side-by-side with hooks you can find at Babies R Us - those are great for when you just can's squeeze in the jogger.) Anyway, TMI, sorry!
Post a Comment