Life around here is.......pretty uneventful. Now that the weather's getting nicer, we're spending more time outside. Carson had a sweet tan after just one day out. I'm still working on mine. Burke got a little pink once or twice, but it hasn't turned into anything. We went to Thanksgiving Point the other day & Carson rode on one of the little ponies. I left the camera in the diaper bag in the car, so pictures are on my phone....
Burke is finally rolling over. Just this week. Rolling over, but not sleeping. Biting everything in sight. Not sleeping. Giving darling toothy smiles. Not sleeping.

We went to Rexburg a couple of weekends ago for 2 university graduations & a baptism. Burke was teething & feverish. Mark came home & I stayed there & met my mom. I got stomach flu the night she got there. Now I know what people mean when they say they'd rather die than keep doing that. I definitely would've chosen labor & delivery (epidural free) over those four hours. At least with labor you know it'll stop eventually & there's a prize at the end. (I did lose 5 or so pounds & have managed to keep 2 or 3 of them off - a bonus, I suppose.) This is the Idaho Falls Temple. Clouds were rolling in, but the sun was streaming through a little bit. Angel Moroni & golden trim around the top of the building were shining. Pretty neat. Picture didn't turn out that great.

Burke sometimes jumps himself to sleep. Better to jump to your sleep than to jump to your death, I suppose.

Burke got a little trim around the ears. The rest of his hair needs it too, but I know it won't look good when I'm done & I'm not sure how to go about it anyway. He's got a widow's peak & I'm not sure what to do. Carson's cowlicks made it easy to cut his hair, but this is a horse of a different color.

(No, I didn't borrow this track suit from Sue Sylvester, I bought it & two others just like it at Walmart for $3 each. That's right.)

We cleaned (and when I say 'we' I actually mean Mark this time. "We" is usually me...) the carpets yesterday & rearranged furniture. I don't really like the new way, but maybe it'll grow on me.
I wish I had more pictures & more to say. I've just been trying to play with my kids more & seize opportunities to have fun rather than spend my time on the computer. I've just been thinking lately that when the world comes to an end or I die or whatever, Heavenly Father is going to ask me what I did here & I think I'll be so embarrassed when I say that I read a lot of blogs, looked at a lot of Facebook & kept my house impeccably clean. I have not given up any of these things, but I'm trying to balance things out a little better. Some days I succeed. Other days are lacking. It's hard to get out & do things with a sometimes disobedient 2 year old & a high maintenance baby, but I'm trying to take advantage of what's around me.
(Miracle video uploads are a one time deal, it appears. I tried to put one up of Carson singing "Follow the Prophet" & "Popcorn Popping" & no dice.)
5 comments:
lol... Who is Sue Sylvester??
You crack me up. Great pictures, and even better commentary!
Love you Hil!
I too am wondering who Sue Sylvester is.
Ok Laurel, I had to google it! Should have known it would be some random TV character!
Your sue sylvester comment cracked me up! I love that show! I didn't realize it takes that long for babies to start sleeping thru the night...aye aye aye...I guess I have a long time to go before Ella will start sleeping thru night..I just hope I can make it before dying of exhaustion.
I don't look on blogs alot but I just saw burkes chubby naked pic in post before this one and that is way too cute!
Post a Comment