The weather's getting warmer. It's rainy & windy & cold a lot still, but things are warming up. There are buds on the trees. People's daffodils are out. Orem was beautiful yesterday with all the blossoms on the trees. I pointed them out to Carson - "Do you see all the blossoms on the trees? They look like popcorn popping!!" "Well, they kind of look like popcorn. Kind of. But they aren't popping."
Burke is......the best. Carson's pretty great too. Burke runs up to me with the biggest smile smile & says "Maaammm" whenever I pick him up from nursery or after being at the gym. He does the same to Mark when he comes home from work. He practically leaps off the kitchen chair & runs to him, hugs his legs, and says "Naaannn" which is kind of like "DAD" if you say it like "Nnndaaaannnd". And now, whenever he sees Carson in the morning when they first wake up, he says "AAArrrrr" like "Caaaars". But all of them are in that high pitch "HI. I'm so glad to SEE you." voice. The nursery teachers told me on Sunday that one of the kids was having a hard time during snack time. Burke didn't waste a second & got off his chair & walked over to that kid's place at the table, took his marshmallows & went & sat back down in his spot while that kid was crying. Can you teach empathy to a 19-month old? I'm guessing not.
It's 7:30, the sun's coming up, the birds are chirping. Today is going to be a good day.
Photos courtesy of Carson.
I found this little sherbet cups at the thrift store a couple weeks ago. Love them! Perfect for rice pudding!!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My hair looks like it's growing in gray!! It's not gray!!
if I come over will you make me rice pudding in those little cups?
Post a Comment