Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sound Off

1. 2. We're here. 3. 4. And Alive.

We had Easter. Carson liked to talk about Jesus going into the "toon"..... We had a fun time dye-ing eggs at Grandma Seiter's house & then an egg hunt the next day. The "Easter Bunny" came to our house too. I say "Easter Bunny" because I'm pretty sure Carson doesn't even know what that is. I'm not very good at making it that fun. But the kids got Chutes & Ladders, a Sunday book & something to wear - Carson a spring sweater & Burke a romper (best name ever).

Mark left on that Monday for Pasadena to work on an install. He was gone for 2 full weeks. Luckily (for me) he opted to stay home from the short install in New Mexico that left the day after they got home. They got home from California at 5am on Mother's Day. We had Mark's parents & brother over for dinner that night & then Mike & Tim left on Monday at noon. *Sigh* things are busy & the money is nice, but we're looking forward to having our previous "normal" back again.

A week & a half before Easter I injured my leg when I was out for a run one morning. I'd been out for an hour already (6 miles) and was planning on going more, but a sharp pain in the top of my calf stopped me in my tracks. I ended up going to the Dr. the next week who referred me to physical therapy. Doc said it was muscle strain (which I'm pretty sure is code for "not really sure. she's probably just a wimp.") PT didn't say what he thought it was. I saw a few different ones in the same clinic & they all tried different things. They figured it's my ITB. I went to the chiropractor & was really impressed with him (turns out I have mild scoliosis. Who knew?) He adjusted me & that got rid of some of the twinges I was having, but didn't heal it completely. Finally after a couple weeks of going to PT, the PT said I wouldn't be healed enough not to re-injure if I ran the Ragnar. So, I'm not running the Ragnar Relay this year. I had a little cry about it & I'm still pretty disappointed, but it's probably for the best. I just got called to be a Sunbeam teacher and a Cub Scout leader. yikes.

We're having a cold wet year. The daffodils are done, the tulips are out. The grass is pretty green, but the trees are just starting to blossom. I'm anxious to get out & start working in the garden, but it's just too wet. We're hoping for prolonged dry weather so we can get started on our fence. This is the year!! And I can't wait!

Burke is still a ham. They tell me he's a lot more engaged & interactive in nursery lately. He's got a pretty quick temper when Caron's buggin.

Carson is still a pretty good kid. He's got a pretty good imagination and "what if" capabilities.

They both love to be outside. Spray bottles filled with water are the toys of choice.

Pictures:  mixed up:

Attempted picture of me & the kids on Easter Sunday:
Me & Carson



Burke (extra tired)

Carson (tired)

Picture of me with both of the kids:  non-existant.


Burke sleeping in the high chair at Grandma's after a busy Easter season.


Cousins after the egg hunt

During the egg hunt




Before the egg hunt (did I mention these were mixed up).

Easter baskets at our house

Other stuff that happens at our house (they were both laughing) (we all knew this day would come, no?)

Buffet I picked up "for free" (Bedtime Stories).  Presently at the shop:  half sanded, waiting for more sanding & then prime, paint, paint.
Kitchen curtains I sewed while Mark was away. 

Attempted picture with me and the kids on Mother's Day:
Me & Burke:

Carson & Burke:

Me & Carson:
Me & Carson & Burke: 
non-existant


Sound off continued:  Why do recipes make 18 muffins & my muffin tin only makes 12 muffins?  Same with canning recipes.  Why do recipes make 9 pints when the canner only holds 7?  Why is it that the day you decide not to eat junk, somebody brings you treats?  (who cares, ate the treats anyway)  Why do kids always want the toy that the other kid has? 

That's all.  For now.

1 comment:

kelsey said...

Sorry about the Ragnar! and your IT band. . . that bites. Mine is always so tight, I feel like I am constantly using my foam roller on it.

You look fabulous.

I HATE muffin recipes like that. I only have one muffin tin, so it really irks me. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Treats always find their way into my mouth. I don't know how it happens, really, I tell them to stay away constantly.

Your children are darling. I just love your header picture with carson's little scrunchy smile!