Burke is the best kid ever. He still doesn't talk much & it gets kind of annoying when he hangs on my leg or pulls on my clothes to get me to do what he wants, but man, I love that kid!
Carson had his end-of-the-year program at preschool. I forgot the camera. Epic Fail. They sang some songs & his teacher had something nice to say about every student. She said Carson was very polite and well-behaved. He's an all-round great kid!
Memorial Day Weekend was cold and windy. My mom came down for a quick visit, but it was really fun to hang out & shop & eat good food. (Have you notice a theme when I get together with my family? Pay attention).
Thanks to some tips from neighbors, we took the kids to see Thomas at the train station. Good times.
Aren't you glad you know what the inside of my nose looks like? Thought so.
We went to the feed store & saw the chicks. Burke gets so excited and stamps his feet & crouches down to talk to them. One of the employees took one out so the boys could touch it & hold it.
We went to the cemetery with the Seiter's. It was cold, but it was fun to place flowers & Grandma has started to bring some of the favorite foods of the people whom we go to "visit". For all you Canadian readers, you should visit an American cemetery on Memorial Day. It's beautiful. This picture does not do justice to how many flowers there are & how pretty it is.
We finally have our fence up!! We paid the company to put the posts in & then Mark & I did the rest of it (special thanks to Mark's brother who picked up all the parts in AF while Mark was at scout camp). Some Before & After - no fence, then fence - you get the idea.
They love it too!!
Thanks to Carson for this little treasure. You can see the fence going up along the back of the yard, the big pile of rocks on the patio, & the pile of dirt on the right. I shovelled that big pile of dirt into the wheel barrow then pushed it to the front of the house & then shovelled it into the back of our neighbor's truck (thank you). Then Mark & Carson took it to the shop & shoved it out. Two truck loads. One strained pectoral muscle from shovelling.
Which leads me to this beauty: I've started doing Tabatas workouts (look it up on youtube. I do the.....can't remember....busy mums tabatas....or something). Anyway. 20seconds of maximum effort exercise. 10seconds of rest. Repeated 8 times. Kicks my butt & I love it. (Please don't enlarge this picture. This is post exercise & pre-shower, but you know I'd never remember to tell you about this without a picture)
Mark turned 30 & I wish we would've done something fun. I put a candle in.......something for breakfast, I think?...... He's been so busy working that he doesn't have time for much else.
Carson went to the dentist & did so well!! We took him last year just for a "chair ride" & he did pretty good. Mark took him last week & said he was a champ. He got his teeth cleaned & a fluoride treatment & came home with a sweet Spiderman toothbrush, etc.
He turned 4. Wow. We celebrated the June birthdays at Seiter's a few days before. He got Lincoln Logs, a McDonald's gift card, 3-D sidewalk chalk, and a "hexbug" from his cousins' families & the grandparents. Thanks everyone!!
On his birthday, I made these cake cones with chocolate cake & peanut butter frosting. The frosting was the best part, naturally. He shared them with kids that came over that day - just people stopping by for other things, but it was fun to share.
We didn't get around to doing presents until 9pm because we were out finishing the fence. These kids love to be outside, so it really wasn't much of a sacrifice. Can you tell he's excited?
Carson had his 4yr check up. He's 50th percentile for height (40") & weight (37lbs). He's a good kid. Likes to test the limits & loses control when he's too tired. But a good kid nonetheless.
Spotted this beauty for my mom at the thrift store. Can't wait to see what the redo looks like. First gotta get it transported a few hundred miles & across an international border, but it's totally worth it.
3 comments:
just so you know, I love your posts. always.
Also, I was tempted to enlarge the picture of you just because you said NOT to, but then I didn't.
Go self-control!
I totally enlarged the picture. So, obviously I have no self control. Go Tabatas! I didn't think the enlarged one was awful either. So, no worries. Anyway, see you later.
Oh, and thanks for the other updates. It was great. Glad you are excited about summer. You need to share your tanning secrets with me. I need a self tanner that is bronze and not orange. Not that youa re using self tanner, I am just trying to weigh my options for catching up with you.
I'm behind the times and just read this - LOVE your fence and all the pictures!! Ur yard is HUGE... Like an orange on a toothpick! Oh wait, not quite. I love your writing and your kids and you and Mark. The end.
Post a Comment