Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!!
Another digital letter & picture this year.....

The shop has been really busy this past year.  Mark was on installs a lot - seeing 5+ states and being gone  4+ months all together.  We feel blessed to have the work after a slow year in 2010, but are also grateful for the small break in the action he's had the past couple of weeks & the chance the two of us had to go to Maui!  We went for a week and enjoyed the sights and the sun.  My mom stayed here with the kids, and it worked it out well for everyone!  Mark was released as Assistant Scout Master and is now serving as Ward Mission Leader.  He still plays basketball on Wednesday nights (when he isn't exhausted and is actually at home) and enjoys the time he gets to play with the kids.  He is a fun Dad!

I was training for a 12-person relay/road race and injured my leg two months before race day and had to find someone to take my place.  I took my time recovering and didn't get back into shape before we decided to add a new baby to our family!  I'm due May 15th.  I was released as Relief Society secretary and called as a Cub Scout leader (over 8 year-old boys) and as a Sunbeam teacher (over 3-4 year-old kids).  I love being a stay-at-home mom (most days)!

Carson is going to preschool two mornings a week and loving every minute of it.  He's gotten pretty good at writing his letters and is starting to sound out words.  He has a good imagination and more often than not, plays really well with his brother and friends. 

Burke's personality continues to keep Mark and I saying "I love that kid!"  His mannerisms, lisp, and way of putting things keep us laughing and seem to provide comic relief at just the right moments.  Even his temper tantrums, though not funny to him, are short and sweet but very animated.

We hope this letter finds all of you well and enjoying the Christmas Season.  We're grateful to know and associate with all of you and wish you and your families the best now and in the coming year!
                        Love,
                           Mark, Hilary, Carson, and Burke

No comments: