My friend Amber took some maternity pics for me. It was fun & she did a great a job. I have to confess, I'm not used to being the only one in front of the camera, but I think they turned out pretty good! This was at 36 weeks, I think. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow.
I found the CD with the 3-D ultrasound pictures on it. Here she is! Can't wait to actually see her in person!
The kids were into a "face" phase for a little while......"want to see my mean face?" "want to see my surprised face?" Mean face & grouchy face were the most popular.....
Carson has been playing county rec soccer. He started out pretty timid. He spent more time dancing around behind the pack of kids chasing the ball than actually playing, but he's improved quite a bit. He still isn't real aggressive, but he's more directional for sure. They don't keep score. There's five kids on the team & 3 get to play at a time. Everyone gets a high five & a snack at the end. He loves going. I ask Mark about the rules all the time. I'm pretty sure I passed my soccer test in gym in high school, but that's only because I crammed for 10 minutes before. I don't remember anything. Corner kick?
We sold our little car. I was going to devote a whole post entitled "Farewell Old Friend {or} Good Riddance Pirate Ship" but this will suffice. Mark bought this car when he got back from his mission & had it at school when we were dating. We've had it as long as we've had each other. I'm really not that attached to it. I didn't drive the first 2 or 3 months we were married because it's a stick-shift & I didn't want to. Eventually I learned & things turned out fine. It was hard/annoying with new babies in the car because you have to be putting binkies in or throwing toys back AND shifting and driving.... Anyway. It was a good car. Great gas mileage. Moved me & ALL my stuff home from college. Made several trips to Raymond. Was stuffed to the gills on more than one Costco trip (totally fit a 'little giant' ladder in there along with boxes of diapers, tp, etc and both kids).
But let's not forget the hot August day that I had to take apart the back window & cut out the tint covering the back break light for the car to pass inspection. (Didn't matter that the light bulb was burned out & the break light wasn't working when it was inspected. We still had to uncover it.) Or the dents and dings and peeling paint. Or that it was so cramped.
It was a good car. It doesn't owe us anything, and it's gone to a good home. Farewell little car. Farewell.
Well, maybe now that I've blogged this little girl can come. Last week I wasn't feeling ready, but I've since completed my nesting projects and have gotten more uncomfortable so I'm thinking any time now would be great. It's time to face the unknowns of how labor & delivery will go.....how will having a newborn (plus 2 other kids) be, etc. This morning I'm feeling like "let's do this, people. bring it on." By 3 o'clock this afternoon I'll be feeling more like "I'm not sure I can push out a baby. I can't even muster up the energy to get up and get a snack." I'll take it as it comes, I guess. I just hope it comes!





3 comments:
I've been wondering about you! This baby is coming soon. I loved all your soccer comments. I laughed when you said "corner kick". Good luck with everything!
good luck! I totally hear you on the being ready/able to push a baby out. I don't know where the energy comes from, but it comes from somewhere! thank goodness.
your boys are as cute as ever...loved their faces. so excited to see their little sis's cute face.
I love all the cute pictures of that baby belly, but I think she should come out now. Like RIGHT NOW. Doesn't she know it's time? It's the 14th . . . you could be in labor right now and I wouldn't even know it. I hope so!!!
Post a Comment