We had a baby & then Mark started working 80 hour weeks......... Everyone told me adjusting to 3 kids is harder than any other number. I believe them. Lottie is a better baby than the two who came first, but caring for her & the boys mostly by myself hasn't been easy. Thankfully that big push is over & Mark will be around a bit more until the next one. He's been able to start on the landscaping for our swingset & we're getting excited for it to be done.
Here are a bunch of pictures from the last 5 weeks since Lottie's been born. Five weeks already!!
Her first spit bath and subsequent lotioning & pajama-ing. She loves baths & it's such a treat to not have her screaming the whole time!
Burke wearing a little hat we got as a "gift" from the hospital. I kind of think he looks like one of Snow White's dwarfs here.
Carson graduated from preschool! We have LOVED his teacher & were so sad to learn that her husband passed away from lung cancer just a few days after school ended.
Carson was lucky enough to go to school with his cousin Olivia. They're quite the pair & one of them is convinced that they'll get married one day....!
May 26 - almost 2 weeks old
she loves to be swaddled & is often found as a little pink burrito!
shenanigans.
Burke got down from the dinner table one night & went right to sleep. I changed his dipe & put some pj bottoms on him & lugged him to his bed. "No heavy lifting for 6 weeks"........yeah right! Not with this kid around!!
May 31 - 2 1/2 weeks. This is a newborn outfit & it was really tight on her. She wore it this day & that was it!
She has really long, skinny feet & toes. I call them birdie feet. And kiss them a lot.
June 1. An outfit from Ryan & Anna.......from the baby shower we had 5 years ago when we thought we were having a girl!
June 3 - 3 weeks. A dress from Amber.....from 5 years ago! Note the hands. She does that sometimes when she isn't screaming & she looks like a bird. Sometimes I call her "Lottie-Bird". Sometimes it's "Lottie-Girl". Most of the time it's "Lady" - not sure why.
June 6 - 3 1/2 weeks. Cute jammies that she was filling out really fast.
June 8 - Mark started on the spot for the swingset.
June 10 - almost 4 weeks. Another dress from 5 years ago! She only wore all these once because they're newborn size & she's growing like a weed!
The carseat cover I made. I wish the straps were tighter so it wouldn't slide around so much on the handle. Might remedy that if I get ambitious.
June 17 - 5 weeks. Dress & sweater from Brittney & Laurel.......5 years ago. This is 3 month size & might fit her for one more Sunday.
Oh, and, Lottie takes a binkie. She's only 1 of 3 kids & it's so great!! She's 3 of 3 that spits up a ton at every feeding and it's not so great. Her fussy time is from 6 til 10pm. I'm starting to figure out what things I eat make that time worse. Chocolate is on the list as it was with the previous 2. dang. She's pretty alert when she's awake & is pretty good at following things with her eyes. She'll let me set her down for a few minutes at a time when she's awake which is another first in this house. I love to snuggle her and kiss her & let her sleep on my chest when I get the chance.
4 comments:
She looks adorable in all her 5 year old outfits!
she is a beauty.
i can't believe that she's five weeks old already!
and i also am 4 for 4 with the pukey babies, so i totally feel for you.
she is so so sweet.
She's SO beautiful!
Love all the "...from 5 years ago." comments.
I'm glad you got to use the clothes!
Come stay with me (when we're back in my house) while are husbands work their 80 hour work weeks and our (combined) 6 children will have a ball. Probably not Lottie, because Briggs will man handle her, but with her 2 brothers, she's probably already prepped.
Oh, you could visit your mom and dad too I guess.
I need that tiny pink burrito in my arms, asap. I can't even stand it. Good thing I've got one growing, or I would die from those pictures! And the "No heavy lifting for 6 weeks. . . " who really does that with other children? Seriously.
Post a Comment