nothing too exciting has been going on lately. I bought some area rugs/runners/doormats at Shopko last week at 40% off. One day when we do our wood floor & new kitchen they'll be really nice....I may cheat & put them out now to cover our nasty carpet.
Carson & I went to Bountiful with Mark last Monday. He had "a couple hours" of work to do there, so I went to this little strip mall that has a Shopko & Ross & a dollar store & a couple of shoe stores.......a couple of hours turned into like 4 hours & Carson was cranky & I was grouchy & I think I might be banned from Ross forever....?
Friday I went to Park City to the outlets & got pyjamas on clearance plus 20% plus another 20% off because I spent over $50.....I know!!! Carson should be set for a while!
Saturday afternoon we went to Bountiful again to Mark's mission president's home for borscht. Some of his companions were there & we had a great dinner & a GREAT meal. Who knew borscht (beet & cabbage soup) was so good!? We got there first & Sister McQueen (picture Scarlett Mendenhall, but a little taller) brought some toys up from the basement & sat down with Carson to play & she's like "first I just have to give you a little...." and she gave a great big kiss on his forehead! I thought it was so cute! She hadn't seen him before & she just loved him! It was a fun night.
In getting the house cleaned & getting ready Saturday morning, I completely forgot to go to our Enrichment class. It didn't even dawn on me until Sunday morning when I was getting ready. I felt so bad for forgetting!
Did I tell you we got a Wii for Christmas? Well we did & I love it! We just got Dance-Dance Revolution & I love it!! Mark & I play after Carson goes to bed & it's so fun.
I still can't get cutest blog on the block to work for me....so it's still Christmas on our blog.....
The Drewry family (they're all in Canada) has webcams & it's so fun to get together & see everybody. I highly recommend for people with family far away. Carson likes to play peek-a-boo with Gramma & Grampa.
So that's about it for this last week. This week.....I need to work on Enrichment & I need to find a project. I hoping to get our office turned into Carson's "big boy" room, but I'm not really in any rush. Plus, it's too cold outside to do any painting of dressers, mirrors, etc.....so who knows?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
thanks for the "Scarlett Mendenhall" visual. Definitely helped picture Sister McQueen.
By the way Sister McQueen is the coolest name ever. Brody is a fan.
I love that you still have Christmas, my sister was having a hard time with it too. Just wait till you make Carsons room into a big boy room, so sad cuz that means they aren't babies anymore but such a big step at the same time!
Carson is getting a big boy room? We need to talk. Where are we supposed to stay when we come visit? We cant believe you are shutting us out of your lives.
Sweet, you got DDR. I remember playing it with you both up in Rexburg. Who else was there, I suddenly can't remember. I think Logan and Fi. . .
Oh, and I just wanted to say Happy Monday. I meant to call you and say happy whatever day, whatever day I was supposed to call you. Sorry.
My parents got us a webcam for christmas... you guys will have to show us how to work it!
Post a Comment