Ok, so I just spent forever trying to upload these pictures in an order that makes sense (am I just dumb, or is impossible get them in the order you want?).
So here it goes. My first inspiration for Carson's room was this baby blanket. It's kinda blue-gray & I thought having the walls that color with lots of light bedding & furniture with pops of red would be really cute. As chance would have it, I found pretty much the perfect paint in the $5 mis-tint section at Home Depot......labor day 2008!

Then I was looking & looking for bedding to put in there & just wasn't finding anything. I found these darling surfboard sheets at Ross & loved all the bright colors. In April when my parents were here, we found some fabric that was the blue-gray & off-white so I bought enough to make a bedspread. The next day at Gardner Village we found the perfect quilt!! (you have to scroll down to see it later). So the fabric is still sitting in the closet, but I might use it to cover the rocking chair pad in the baby's room.....

One problem to overcome was our lack of book storage. Carson's new room is our old office, so there really isn't anywhere to put all our books. I widdled them down to this many & had Mark put up shelves to store them......

I covered the big ones in plain brown paper & the smaller/paperback ones I categorized & put in magazine boxes that I covered & labeled....... (Note the red truck on the shelf....another inspiration!)

(Notice the bulletin board....)

This is an old dresser we got from my parents a few years ago & it's been in the garage for quite some time......

Here it is redone.......

(notice the quilt in this one!!)

& Carson's "cheese" face!

Finished Product!!

This was a really fun project & I'm sure I'll keep finding things to put in there. I had a really cute red lamp from Wal-Mart, but I'm pretty sure it would be more of a toy/firehazard/"don't play with that" item than a light source, so I think I'll hold off on a lamp for now. I also saw a DARLING poster....I'll try to put a picture up soon.....but I've got to save my pesos. I haven't put the surfboard sheets on because I was thinking maybe they could be a reward for dry nights during potty training......who knows when that will be, but in the meantime I'll just know they're there, being cute, waiting to be used.....
I'm listening to Mark ask Carson what we're going to call his little brother...."baby brudder" "green" "baby tummy" and "baby blanket" are just a few in the running.
Also, for the two of you who read this that know what chop suey is.......I made THE BEST batch tonight. Nutmeg & brown sugar is all I'm going to say.........DELISH!!!
4 comments:
Carson's room is so cute, like perfect little boy cute. I love the random red pieces and the dresser is way cool. Way to go.
It does look great!
Good work Hil! It looks awesome!
You are way too talented. The room is just perfect! I love what you did with your books! So smart! I also love the dresser. Who knew it could be so cute!
Nutmeg & Brown Sugar? You may have to explain... but you just inspired me for supper tonight!
Post a Comment