Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Random pictures first, update second


Here's Carson licking up the icing sugar that spilled from making my oh-so-patriotic texas brownies.

Here's a storm we watched come in.

Here's Carson snoozing on the couch.
Early in the morning on July 4th, my mom's dad - Grandpa Szteina - passed away. He had been in & out of the hospital for some time & his health and mind weren't in the best condition. He'd fallen & broken his hip a week or so before his passing. This is the first close family member I've had pass away. We left for Raymond on the 8th after work & stayed in Rexburg & then made it to Raymond the next day in time to go to Lethbridge for the viewing. After the viewing we had a little song practice & then the funeral was Friday morning. It was a really nice funeral & I thought everything went pretty well (I messed up in the song once....story of my life). It was nice to see all the family together & getting along.
We stayed for the next week & hung out with my parents & Jenn's family. We stayed in Fort MacLeod for a few nights & then back to mom & dad's for a few nights. We went to Waterton one day & Lethbridge one day. Mostly we just hung out & the kids played together & had a blast & the grown-ups got to visit. It was a pretty relaxing trip & lots of fun! Did I take my camera? yes. Did I take any pictures? no. I'm hoping Mom & Jenn will send me theirs!!!
We drove home all in one day......yikes!! Carson did pretty good, but we were all ready to be home & out of the car! Nursery went pretty well on Sunday & yesterday I worked on RS stuff & family reunion stuff all day. I'll be glad when August 12th rolls around!! Freedom from planning/worrying about anything.......except having a baby.....meh.
It was exciting to see how much our garden had grown since we left. Our beets & beans & zuches are huge (huge considering, I thought they were gonna die!)
Carson's still asking "where's Gappa Bett" "where's Avey" and he wants to go their houses.....sorry kiddo, that's one drive we probably won't make for a while!
It's been SO hot since we've been home. Our inside thermomoter was at 90 yesterday afternoon!! I asked Mark to set up the little R2D2 AC unit, so the rest of the summer should be a lot more comfortable.....in the living room anyways! I'm having a hard time mustering up any ambition to make meals or work on anything that requires more than sittting. Partly because it's hot & partly because in the last week I feel like I've gotten A Lot bigger & way more uncomfortable. I had the worst night's sleep last night & got a monster charley horse in my calf at about 5am. It's still sore even after stretching & going for a walk.......wo is me.....wah wah wah.
I need to do a post of 'Carson-isms' soon.....so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that you said, "icing sugar" since i have been mocked for that one, even after explaining that it says it right on the bag!!! also, what the perfect brownies? mmmm... i need some asap.
glad you had a good trip home, and i hope you don't get too ridiculously uncomfortable!

Anonymous said...

crap. that was kelsey. oops.

The Wilsons said...

The brownies not only looked delicious, but oh so cute! Sounds like you've been busy. I love how you did your garden.

Laurel said...

Yeah, your brownies look great! They wouldn't have looked like that if I did them. I still need cold main dish recipes!!! Just kidding, I know it isn't your problem... it is mine. See you.

littledochy said...

Oooo, I HATE waking up to a charley horse. Freaks me out every time.