Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Latest "Carson-isms"




Our morning routine of breakfast, walk, yard work, freezie/popsicle is still going strong....sort of. Anyway, Carson calls popsicles "Pock-a-pulls" & he tends to throw a fit when he tells me he wants a freezie & after that's gone I won't let him have a "pock-a-pull" too.

Lately he'll ask us questions in a high-pitched voice with his head tilted..."Wanna take a shoes off?" "Wanna sit right here?"
Today we were all laying on the bed & I took Carson's onesie off so he could get his pajamas on. He was running around on the bed playing & then he comes up close to me, cocks his head, raises his eyebrows & in his high-pitched 'question' voice asks, 'Wanna kiss it?' "Kiss what?" (still in his high voice) 'Kiss da belly?' as he pokes his belly out as far as it'll go so it's right in my face. We could not stop laughing!

We read together before he goes to bed at night & I try to remember to read a few scriptures with him. I show him the Book of Mormon & ask him what it is..."Book of Morvin".

Sometimes he sounds like Jar-Jar Binx from Star Wars: "Want some-a more" (usually in a very demanding voice) "Want-a mulk" (want milk) "Das a bird, I sink" (that's a bird, I think).

I love to hear him playing with his toys. It's usually in a whispered, high-pitched voice. He usually talks about Gamma & Gappa. He has a couple of little Pixar toys that he loves to carry around & shove in all kinds of things & places - Buzz Ligh Gear & Woody, Mike & Silly/Suy (also known as Sully from Monsters, Inc), Cah-boy & Mr. Caddible from The Incredibles.
When we were in Raymond we were driving somewhere with my mom & dad & Carson started to say "Want-a-wond" & we thought he was saying "Watch the road". He would yell it & it was so funny because we didn't know where it had come from (I surely don't talk to Mark like that while he's driving....). Anyway, when we got home, he was playing with Buzz & Woody & started saying it again. I said "To infinity & beyond" and he said "city want-a-wond" so I think he's trying to say what Buzz says & can't quite get it right......maybe?

Since he was little we used to pretend to sniff his feet while they were up in the air while we changed his diaper. We'd always take a big sniff & then say "Eeewww, stinky feet!!" & for a while now he does it too himself.....big sniff....."eww tinkafeet". And the best is when he puts his feet right up to your face (while laying on the couch or playing on the floor) & cock his head & raise his voice & ask "Wanna mell 'em? Wanna mell a feet?" He still doesn't say his "S's" very well when they're right next to a consonant, but he's trying. Like when he says 'smell', it's a Mm sound while he exhales thru his nose. He says "sshlip" & "sshlide" like the sloth from Ice Age.

I love that he picks up on stuff like "Let's fickets" (let's fix it) "Now try it" "That's better" The bath water goes from "Too hot" to "Not too bad" He'll ask me sometimes where 'Uncle Mark' is. He knows it's his Dad, but likes to call him what other people call him (around here it's Mark & Clark & sometimes Dad, so I need to retrain myself!). He gets so excited when he hears Mark come home from work & usually yells "DADDY!!!" when he sees him unless he's busy doing something & then he looks up & says "Hey Dad!" (He also uses that tone when he says "Hey dog" when we're out for a walk - kind of a casual, hows-it-goin tone).

He pretty much talks non-stop & is always asking "Whatssat?" or when something's exciting, he'll kind of shake his head & pucker his lips & lower his voice & say "ooo, whatzzat?" He'll sometimes ask "why?" but I don't think he knows what that means, nor does he usually care what the answer is. I'm sure that time will come!

Anyway, this is mostly so I write these things down. I'm sure in twenty years when I read them I won't remember all the tones & looks, but I hope so!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I'm glad you did you Carson-isms post. It was fun to read. He really does have a fun personality and I think it is so fun to listen to him... even if we are rarely around him.

Jenn said...

I thoroughly enjoyed that!! Especially the "Kiss da belly" story.... my cheeks hurt from laughing! Oh I miss him so much!