
OK, this is going to go according to how the pictures come up.....and who knows how that is!?!?! Above is Carson playing outside today. I was working in the kitchen & heard the front door open: "Carson, where are you going?" "Outside" So I find him wearing his boots playing in the front yard & finally convince him that he should come play in the backyard with his big coloring book. He then, of course, has to get his hat & his painting "jacket".


This is what I was working on in the kitchen.......basil pesto!! I clipped this huge bowl of basil, which turned into almost as huge of a pile of leaves (it took a while to sort/clean them!!) pictured above. It turned into 3 good sized batches of pesto which are now in my freezer!!! I used almonds instead of pine nuts like I usually do because pine nuts are way more expensive this year than last. I don't recommend it. The pesto seems kind of bland, but maybe in the dead of winter I won't notice so much.

This is Carson this morning wearing his pirate hat from the scavenger hunt that his Aunt did at our family reunion. I tried to get him to say "Arrr Matey".......he got the aarrrr part down pretty good....

This is Mark & I -obviously- note the giant belly. I don't know where this baby is going to go for the next month because I'm pretty much out of room!

This is me & Carson on Sunday. I was laying on the couch & he was eating an apple & came & laid beside me. He ended up dozing off & dropping his apple. I was so happy to cuddle with him. The baby was kicking & it was kind of fun to think that soon I'll have two boys - also kind of sad/weird that it won't be just Carson & me anymore!

Here's one of 2 pictures I got at Raging Waters.....just to prove that we were there. This was the final day of our Seiter Family Reunion.



The above pictures are us at the zoo.......the second day of the reunion. It was SO HOT!!!

New wiggle cars at Grandma's house!



Jordanelle was the first full day of activities. It was SO WINDY, but fun.

Dinner at our house the night before everything started. The reunion went really well. I'm so grateful to our awesome family who took care of meals & put people up in their homes & made it a really fun couple of days.
We had our "Joy in the Garden" enrichment night yesterday & it went really well. We toured some gardens in our ward & then ended with some really yummy refreshments & sat talking & laughing for over an hour. It was just what I needed to recover from holidays....a little alone time & some good laughs!
Now that the reunion is over & enrichment is done.....I'm going to try & focus more on the pending baby situation....although I don't really want to! I won't think about that today. I'll think about that tomorrow.
But I'm excited to try canning a few things. We're going to get some apples tonight & I'm hoping to do apple butter, pie filling & applesauce.......maybe. I also want to try pickled beets. We'll see how brave/ambitious/crazy I am & how much really gets done! I also need to go thru baby clothes & I'd like to make some meals to put in the freezer.
So much to do......so little ambition!
3 comments:
So, Carson is pretty darn cute. I think the first picture is really funny. And you and Carson sleeping on the couch is cute too. I think it will be really strange to go from one kid to two... hopefully you (and me.. and the affected parties of course) will have an easy transition.
you look great hil. i can't believe the baby is coming so quickly. ah. i just did beets for the freezer last saturday. oh my. they are so messy, and take so much time. i'm glad they are done, so good luck if you decide to try that!!! i wish i had the ambition to do more, because i love beets so much!
Thanks again for sharing your house with us! We will be down in a few weeks... Hopefully we will be able to get together!
Post a Comment