His speech is pretty clear for the most part, but every once in a while Mark & I still have to look at each other & ask, "what'd he say?" For instance, 'backune' is vacuum.
He no longer likes to ride in the shopping cart when we go out (he usually loses that battle). Instead he wants to "just walk awound. no cart. just walk awound"
We've been working on not throwing fits when he gets frustrated & instead asking for help. He's improved a lot & will ask, "mom, you hepp me, pease?"
I can't remember what we were doing the other day - gathering up the garbage cans maybe - & he took a huge gasp of air & said "oh, dadd be fun!!"
Lots of times when we ask him to do something or "is that ok?" he responds "oh, das fine!"
I call Mark, Clark, all the time - don't ask me why - & Carson's picked up on it. Every time we pull out of the driveway & Mark closes the garage door, Carson says, "tanks, Kark". Every time I push the button to open the garage door, he says, "good job mom".
He does SO well with "please" & "thank-you" especially when it's something he really wants & something we really don't want him to have. "Wanna chocate PEASE!!" (emphasis on the "P" with extra spit). The thank-yous are the best though, I think. Sometimes it's "thanks, mom" & other times it's "Oh! Thank you!"
He's started to notice babies a lot more & will point out (in a cute-sey baby voice) "das a whihw tiny baby!"
Everything has a sound. Train tracks "go ding ding ding." Cars "go vroom, vroom." Every animal has a sound. Even if something doesn't traditionally have a sound, he makes one up.
He's the best!!
I keep noticing more things, so I'm just adding on....
Carson recognizes pictures of "Doseph Mih" (Joseph Smith) & "dassa Pophet, Pesident Monson".
He likes to "go yook a garden" & help me water the "patoes" (tomatoes). He likes to help pick peas & beans & tells me, "I yike peas. I yike beans."
He still loves to ask "whassat?" & "where issit?" & "where'd it go?" He usually answers, "das a..." or "oh, der itdizz" or "here itdizz" He's also started to say "watch dis, mom" & will sometimes ask "why".
He also calls things "silly goose" a lot. "Silly goose Dad" "Silly goose Cars'" "Silly goose wagon."
Brittney just reminded me of another one: "oh my goohness!" He'll sometimes say "Oh my gosh" which I don't really like, so we try not to respond/react to that one.
He loves to go over the train tracks - in the car, in the stroller, whatever. When we go in the car, he'll watch for them & when they get close, he says, "Here come the train tracks! aaahhh!"
His latest thing is to ask "HUH?" I couldn't figure out why until I noticed that I say that when he asks for something bizarre. He usually says it when he doesn't want to listen or do what I've asked!
4 comments:
the kark thing made me laugh so hard.
He is so cute Hil! I can't wait for Claire to start putting sentences together. Way to go writing all this down, I need to be better at it. By the way, you look SO cute with your preggo belly. Hope you are feeling great!
One of my favorite things that he did while we were there was ask me to play cars... and then whenever I would say, "Oh my goodness", he would look at the cars and say, "OOH MYYY GOOOODNESS!" Cute boy!
LOVE them all! Just read them out loud to George and we laughed! Makes me want to tell you about this one: Anytime Geo has to stop suddenly in the car, or turns sharp or something, Avery says "George!" Guess it's pretty obvious where she learned that from!! We have to laugh everytime. And now if I ever call him "George", she tells me "Mommy, no call him George. Call him Daddy!"
Post a Comment