And that's why this no-sew project turned out better than anything else I've worked on in the last couple of days!! I got this lamp uptown at the Family Dollar for $6. The shade was purple suede, so I sprayed it navy blue & tied some ribbon on it.


This was today's project.....a new nursing cover. Hmmmm. I kinda made it up as I went along using the ones I already had & a tutorial online. I didn't put any boning in it because I found I had to hold them open with my free hand anyway (& I didn't have any & didn't think I could find any in town). I did put a strip of heavier material at the top, though, & I think that will stay propped open just as well as anything. I also did velcro on the neck strap instead of D-rings because I could never get the rings to hold tight for me on my other ones.......I ended up just pinning the straps together. And yes, I made a (big) flower to accessorize it (and to cover up one of many blunders). I have decided that I am definitely not a perfectionist when it comes to sewing. I'm too lazy & too easily frustratable to unpick ALL my mistakes. I could never sew professionally - and so I don't - and I just live with the 'junk' I make! Meh.

Here's our umbrella in a bag!

I think I'm nesting hardcore (can you tell?!) Today I pulled into the driveway & saw the big blue X on the side of our garbage can that's been there for a hundred years & I had the urge to spray black over top of it. I haven't done it yet. Maybe tomorrow. I also have the urge to tell the whole world what I've been doing.......have you noticed?
1 comment:
you are funny. the flower is a nice touch, even if it is to hide some mistakes! why didn't you tell me, i totally would have made one for you! (not that it would have been that great).
Post a Comment