Thursday, August 27, 2009

Farm Country

Bunnies
Holstein Calf - so darling!
Goats - he really did like them!
Inside the milking barn......


I took Carson to Thanksgiving Point on Tuesday for "2 Buck Tuesday". It started as a drizzly/overcast day, but ended up being really hot. Anyway, I'd never been there before & it was really neat! We went to the Farm Country "exhibit" (what do they call them? venues?). It was kinda like a petting zoo, almost. Carson loved to see the animals & touch the ones he could. We went on a wagon ride - pulled by a tractor instead of the horses because Carson loves tractors. Then we went to the "Emporium" & looked around & got some fudge - SO GOOD!! I drove out by the gardens & they looked spectacular, but it was hot & we were tired & hungry, so we came home.

I got all my freezer meals done the other day. All the baby clothes & blankets, etc. are washed & mostly stain-free. The car seat is out of the shed & cleaned. Overnight paraphernalia is pretty much packed for everybody. Now all we need is a baby! 23 more days 'til he's due. That sounds like a lot! I've been pregnant for all of 2009 - THAT is a lot!

Today I sewed a bag for the beach umbrella I found at the Family Dollar. I looked everywhere for one before the family reunion & nobody had any left. I was looking for laundry stuff at the dollar store & there I found it - $15 minus 40% = $9!!!! I was pretty excited!
I also blew bubbles with Carson, finished the lampshade for his room, am doing laundry & I have BBQ pork in the crockpot for dinner & it smells so good!! Mark hasn't been home for lunch yet & it's 4:30 in the afternoon. He isn't answering his phone, so I have to assume that he's really busy & probably has found some kind of sustenance & that maybe I'll see him sometime before midnight (if I'm still awake by then)...........busy times at the shop are swell.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

After reading about all the things you do in a day, I feel so sad about my days. Hopefully, this new found motivation that I have this morning (thanks to feeling like a loser) will help me get tons done. Maybe??? I bet thinking about having a baby is more exciting now that things are all the way ready. Now, go get a pedicure, or do something lazy so I feel better about myself. Just kidding, thanks for the unintentional motivational speech.