Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!

It's 6:30am, Mark just left for work for "a couple hours" then we're cleaning the church, mowing our lawn, making dessert & going to a barbecue.....hhmmm....being a grown-up sucks! J/k, it should be a great day!

Here are my peonies in full bloom. I have been informed more than once that in Utah they're called Pee-Oh-Nees not pee-uh-nees like I've been saying all my life. Ah well, one more thing to add to my American translation list. They didn't last very long. I think the lawn sprinklers reach them & beat them to death. They're pretty much done & now I have my bedding out plants by the front door & my little red flowers on the far end (which have tripled in size....if they keep doing that, I'm pulling them up & putting something else in there! I saw some at one of the neighbor's houses & they were huge!!).

Carson & I did a whirlwind shopping trip yesterday because we thought we were going to Raymond, but now we aren't. He is such a good boy. I just kept thanking Heavenly Father that things were going so well! Today I'm hoping he can control himself & not poke or push or pinch his cousins......."think it'll work?" "it'd be a miracle." "bye-bye!" (The Princess Bride, in case you were wondering.)

We got our muffler fixed while we were in Orem (& when I say fixed, I mean we got one put on our car) which feels so good. Good for me because I don't have to hide behind the steering wheel with embarrassment every time I drive somewhere (I probably should keep doing this because our car is such a wreck. But I figure maybe without sounding like a stock car I don't draw that much attention to our dented door, cracking paint, & dragging-because-the-duct-tape-keeps-falling-off panel under the front bumper.)

I'm going to go read my scriptures before Carson wakes & then we'll begin our daily summer routine of eat breakfast, go for a walk, work in the yard, share a freezie (American: otter pop) on the front step & then shower & get ready. Life is good!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

aw - I love that your morning routine is so fun and you look forward to it. Great job! And how many years did it take before your pee-uh-nees bloomed flowers?

Loved the description of your car! And love that Carson is such a good boy. Hope to see you all soon.....

Laurel said...

So, I am not from the Northern reaches of North America and I say pee-uh-nees. So something is wrong with me too. Sorry you didnt make it to Raymond. See you later.