Monday, January 11, 2010

"Hur you go"

Not "here" - 'hur'. And it's not a hair cut, it's a "hur" cut. In case you were wondering.

Before we start, here a few pictures. This is Carson's car from Christmas. He found this rack for the microwave beside the fridge today & started freaking out that he couldn't put it on the car as a door. So, naturally, I found a way to attach it & he loves it. (That's chocolate on his face - don't be alarmed.)

It's pretty white-trashy, but who am I to stand in the way of a boy and his car>
This is from a few days ago. I put Burke on Carson's lap & went to get the camera & Carson didn't want him on there anymore. This is all that was left.

And here it is......the moment you've all been waiting for.....
I should have taken pictures before I put all my junk back on the counter - and should not have done it while supper/cookie mess was everywhere. If you want a better look at it, you'll just have to come over. I'm so happy with the way it turned out!!
The cabinets are knotty maple. My paint color is a really light, minty green. I don't love the paint. It needs some touch-ups & I'm still deciding if I should bother with them or just get a new color.......

Please take note of the width of the drawers next to the dishwasher. We can actually fit ALL of our silverware plus big knives in one drawer. In the old kitchen we had spoons & butter knives in the top drawer, forks & paring knives in the second drawer, and big knives next to the stove. Ridiculous. This is HEAVEN!
The glass in the cupboard is "seeded" so it isn't completely see-through (but kinda).
Next to the stove is now all drawers & it feels a lot bigger/more organized than the drawer & cupboard that used to be there even though it's still the same size. The cupboard above the fridge is completely new. One side has dividers in it for pans & cookie sheets. It's up so high so that if we ever decide to get a normal sized fridge, it will still fit.
I haven't decided what to put in the cupboard above the stove yet. I think a trip to Tai Pan is order to cure that.
Lit up in all its glory. We put lights underneath the cabinets & it's really nice to flip them on right by the sink when I need them instead of having to walk (the 10 steps) to the big light switch.


So thur you have it!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Hil and Mark:
It is gorgeous!! What a great jog you did and what a difference it makes. I love it! Congratulations! And thur you go too!

Amber said...

Your kitchen looks AWESOME! I love it! = ) glad to see you posted some pictures! Talk to you soon!

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

Looks great!

kelsey said...

the cabinets are fabulous!!! nice job mark, and nice patience hil. . . hehehe. i love them, especially all the drawer space, and the lighting.

i also love the door you rigged for carson's car. sweet.

Josh and Cambree said...

What a beautiful kitchen! Great job! I loved the pictures of the boys as well. :)