Or maybe it should be 'far thus' because the pictures are in reverse order.
Burke had his first vegetable tonight - squash. He LOVED it.

He got all bundled up to play in the snow.........a lot.........
We went to Idaho with Mark's family for a 'snow weekend'. We stayed in Tetonia at Badger Creek where Mark's sister & her husband run the BYU-I Outdoor Youth Adventure ranch. They have a big sledding hill with a rope tow, so you don't have to haul yourself & your sled up the hill. We stayed in the cabin with a couple other families and ate in the lodge. It was fun to visit with everyone. I didn't get a lot of snow time because Carson didn't really like sledding and because Burke hass a cold & tried not to take him out too much. Carson got snow in his face on his first time down the sledding hill & after that he didn't like it at all.

We also got to do the "giant swing"!! This is Mark after he got done.......

This is me swinging...

This is me at the top before I let go.....

This is me doing a "sit check" to make sure I was hooked up ok..

This is me all hooked up...nice shot, I know. It's even more uncomfortable than it looks~

Getting my harness all cinched up. It gave me a good idea of how a horse feels when he gets his saddle on.

Burkie chillin in the backpack.

Carson & Dad on their way down after the snow-in-the-face incident

On the rope tow

Big thanks to Brian & Natalie for hosting us & running all the activities for us. We had a lot of fun!! Carson loved to ride the snowblower - no - snowbirer (snow mobile).
Carson with his cars all lined up. I find them all over the house like this.....end to end......or door to door......in a perfectly straight line. He's still doing great with the potty. We didn't have ANY accidents while we were driving or while we were away. He's doing awesome!!

Burke sporting his sweet hat

Burke sporting a binkie. Never thought it would happen so of course I had to take a picture. Never happened before - hasn't happened since.

I'm LOVING the Olympics!! I'm so proud of Canada!! I think they've done a great job (aside from 1/4 of the torch not coming up during the opening ceremonies - thank you Bob Costas for making that a big deal) and I'm so glad that NBC is highlighting some of the cool things about Canada. It makes me so proud to be Canadian!!! I was a little teary all day before the opening ceremonies & was sad we were going to miss it because we were driving to Rexburg. We walked into Brian & Natalie's house just as the US was walking into the stadium & then Canada came in!!!! It was kismet!! Brian asked me if I was so proud of my country & of course I was!! He said, "It's just one of those things that makes me proud to be a human being." I totally agree!! All the athletes have worked so hard & so has the Olympic Committee. Of course you want your country (or countries as the case may be) to win, but my heart sinks every time one of the skiers falls or the skaters miss a jump. You just want everyone to do their best & have a shot at the gold. I'm watching women's snowboarding even as I type & almost all of them have fallen......doh (PS if anyone has a chance to buy some of the red mittens all the Canadians are wearing......GET ME A PAIR!!! please)
Anyhoo. I made whoopie pies tonight & we're waiting til I finish this post to try them.
I'm so anxious for Spring to come. I told Mark that I feel like I'm cheating on Winter because I think about Spring and Summer ALL THE TIME. I'm sick of staying home & staying in the house. I'm ready for some nice weather & to get out in the yard.
5 comments:
I agree, bring on the warm weather!
Oh the millions of things I want to say right now! Love your post, love Burkie's red cheeks, love the Olympic spirit, saw kids size red mittens in Calgary on the weekend but no adult ones, will keep looking, love you, love your family, tried to skype you tonight, I can't believe my baby is 3 today, this is a run-on sentence, I graduated grade 4 language arts, and finally, goodnight! :)
Hilary you are a great writer... very funny. Don't feel bad about cheating... I doubt your the only one (pretend I just raised my hand). I don't think I have really embraced the Olympic spirit like you have... we're working on it but I seem to prefer catching up on Lost. See you.
Thanks for the great blog post. I LOVED it! Had to read the part about the Olympics out loud to Dad> I don't know why he doesn't enjoy watching them but I love them too. Looks like great fun was had at the Outdoor adventure camp. What an awesome family you have. I love you all.
Love the Olympics! We used to go to Whistler every year to ski. I LOVE it there! It has made me long to be there. Your kiddos are so cute and growing up so fast!!
Post a Comment