Sunday, February 28, 2010

Funny Things

Here's Burke, just 'cause he's cute (and sitting up by himself pretty well. Hasn't rolled over more than once, but sits up like a champ).



Nothing much new here. The boys & I have had colds. Mark's been working.......that's about it. Oh, and I've watched way more TV in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last year because of the Olympics (and three nights of American Idol). I'm up on all the latest news. I'd totally ace a "Current Events" test right now.

I feel kind of bad, but I was cheering against Mirai Nagasu in the figure skating finals. I usually don't cheer against people (ie, "I hope she falls") but I really wanted Joannie Rochette to get a medal. Not just because she's Canadian, but because her mom died 4 days before and I thought the medal would mean more to her than anyone else (anyone except Kim Yu-Na whose whole country would shun her if she didn't win gold - WHAT!?!?) I felt really bad for Apolo Ohno when he got disqualified in the 500m. I don't think he pushed that Canadian guy, but I can definitely see why the refs sided the way they did. (Korea got disqualified in the women's meet for bumping a skater & she didn't even fall.) He kind of blamed it on the Canadian referee (why is there a Canadian ref when there are Canadians skating anyway?), but also added something like "that's just the nature of short track. I just have to be faster." I thought that was very big of him. I'm not usually a hockey fan, but I'm REALLY hoping Canada wins this afternoon!!!!

Ok, funny things. Carson says funny stuff sometimes. We have this little hot wheels truck that my Grandma gave Carson last summer. It would kind of disappear and then reappear like toys around here do, and whenever he'd find it he'd say, "Grandma gave" or "who give it to me?" I was amazed that he even remembered her because we weren't there very long and we've only seen her 2 or 3 times. This morning when he found that truck he asked me who gave it to him. I started and hoped he'd finish my sentence....."Great-Grandma........" he finished with "Beaver". I laughed. It's really Great-Grandma Drewry. Drewry......Beaver.....same thing.

When he gets sleepy he likes to sit on the couch and watch a movie.....under a blanket so he can be "nice and werm."

He always wants his "orn" of something. "I want my orn sammich." "I want my orn cookie." "I don't want to share wiss you, I want my orn!!"

I vaguely remember telling him that the sun comes out in the daytime & the moon comes out at night. Now when he doesn't want to go to bed he says, "I don't want to go to bed. It's not the moon. It's the sun." Or when he wakes up really early he'll whisper to me, "Is it the sun or the moon?" If someone's sleeping, it's the moon by them. "Is it the moon by Burkie? But it's the sun over here by me."

We had a weird day a couple weeks ago where I was really busy. I watched a neighbor's kids for a few minutes & then took dinner to someone......leaving the kitchen a mess while my neighbor came over to watch my sleeping kids. Then someone came over to take pictures of our kitchen (mad dash to clean it up first). In the midst of this, someone came by to drop something off. So there were still toys out & the kitchen was a mess & the photographer's lights & whatnot were up all over and I told Carson, "This place is a sty! Do you know what a sty is? It's where pigs live. It's kinda like a barn." He thinks about it for a minute and then says, "Mommy, pwease can we have a pig in a barn? Pwease, pwease, pwease!?!?!"

Yesterday morning he came and pulled the covers off me and asked if he could have some milk. I told him, "yeah, just a minute." I got up and went to the bathroom and got a drink, etc. and he pushed the door open and said, "Here, Mom" whilst thrusting the half-full jug of milk towards me.

And last, but definitely not least, when he was first using the potty, he asked me, "Do cows have lots of pee pees out of deir milk things?" (He'd just watched a 'Barney' where they went to a farm & they milked a cow & stuff.) He's smart like that......

2 comments:

Amy and Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy and Brandon said...

Hilary! I just had a thought...(and it stems from the gigantic inflatable beavers in the Canadian ceremonies)....if the great-grandma comment was directed towards ur gma...(who I'm assuming is Canadian)... then maybe that explains the mix-up...he connected two things Canadian and made them into one....lol. By the way, those beavers were awesome! Hope all is well with u guys. I check your blog often to get my "seiter" fix. You can visit ours at www.hillsteadfamily.blogspot.com.