Monday, March 29, 2010

I just saw that it's been 4 weeks since I posted last. WHAT!?!? Probably because nothing very post-worthy has happened. Burke's had RSV and has sprouted 4 new teeth on top. That makes 6 on top & 2 on bottom. He went for his 6 month check-up on St. Pat's day. He was (s.t.i.l.l.) sick when we went in & that's when Doc decided it was RSV & got us a nebulizer. (Burke did fine for the first treatment & then after that it was like torture for both of us.) If you ever need one, don't let them tell you that you have to buy it. Tell them all you need is the tube & the mask & come borrow ours. Please. We need to get our money's worth out of it & you shouldn't have to buy one. Anyway.....Burke was 28 inches long (92%) and 21lbs 10oz (95%). At 4 months he was 25.5 inches (70%) and 19lbs 3 oz (above 95%).

Carson's registered for preschool this coming Fall.......weird. Funny thing is.....that doesn't make me feel like he's growing up too fast. What almost brought me to tears was when he said "moosic" the other day instead of "moogitz". It's still not "music" but he's growing and learning & soon he's going to have other friends besides me. I don't know if I can handle that.

I got a lot of Spring cleaning done last week. We're planning to clean our carpets in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to vacuum under beds, etc before we do that. Everything's dusted (including the blinds/shutters)........and the windows are washed on the inside. I really should wash the walls.......but I don't really want to. I'll wait til it's nicer outside to do the outside of the windows.

The computer is having issues & I need to restart it to see if that'll fix the problem.......so no pictures, sorry.

PS. I literally jumped for joy (hasn't happened before, probably won't ever happen again) when we got home from church, and I saw that Canada had won the Olympic hockey game. I made Mark get off the couch & stand with me when they sang "O Canada" at the end. I haven't felt that excited since I was little and it was Christmas Eve. I've had a few nights since then that I've laid awake thinking about my whole Olympic experience. Silly I know. I wasn't even there. It's kind of like trying to describe how much you love your kids. I can't quantify it or express it even, but Canada will always be a big part of who I am.
I got this email a little while ago. I hope it's legit:

Leaving behind a thank-you note

Brian Williams, anchor and managing editor

After tonight's broadcast and after looting our hotel mini-bars, we're going to try to brave the blizzard and fly east to home and hearth, and to do laundry well into next week. Before we leave this thoroughly polite country, the polite thing to do is leave behind a thank-you note.

Thank you, Canada:

For being such good hosts.

For your unfailing courtesy.

For your (mostly) beautiful weather.

For scheduling no more than 60 percent of your float plane departures at the exact moment when I was trying to say something on television.

For not seeming to mind the occasional (or constant) good-natured mimicry of your accents.

For your unique TV commercials -- for companies like Tim Hortons -- which made us laugh and cry.

For securing this massive event without choking security, and without publicly displaying a single automatic weapon.

For having the best garment design and logo-wear of the games -- you've made wearing your name a cool thing to do.

For the sportsmanship we saw most of your athletes display.

For not honking your horns. I didn't hear one car horn in 15 days -- which also means none of my fellow New Yorkers rented cars while visiting.

For making us aware of how many of you have been watching NBC all these years.

For having the good taste to have an anchorman named Brian Williams on your CTV network, who turns out to be such a nice guy.

For the body scans at the airport which make pat-downs and cavity searches unnecessary.

For designing those really cool LED Olympic rings in the harbor, which turned to gold when your athletes won one.

For always saying nice things about the United States...when you know we're listening.

For sharing Joannie Rochette with us.

For reminding some of us we used to be a more civil society.


Mostly, for welcoming the world with such ease and making lasting friends with all of us.

4 comments:

The Merrills said...

Burke has sooo many teeth!! Wow, I thought Brodyn was doing good with 2 bottom ones at 4 mths and now at 6months old he still has the same two. He is also only 18.5 lbs which feels sooo heavy to me. Love your updates, you should do them more often! Tell that Jenn girl to as well ;)

kelsey said...

you really are alive. . . i've been wondering. poor burke, rsv sucks. luckily, norah didn't have to use the nebulizer. sheesh.
i.am.canadian. lol. love it.

Jo said...

I am proud to be Canadian too! Love that thank you note (I'd read it before). Thanks for the update on the boys.

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

Aves is registered for the toddler lab on campus... It is the year before preschool, but I know what you mean... about them not growing up too fast. The older she gets the more fun and more capable she gets. Maybe I will miss these crazy times when she is a crazy teenager. For now, we will enjoy her going to "school" a few times a week. She is really excited and we had to try out her back pack every day last week.