Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!







Yes, I found my bangs and trimmed them up. Some days I like them, some days I don't. I'm fickle like that.

Book.

Peanut Butter Chips.

Burkie turned one today. Wow! He's getting his eye teeth (1 year molars are old news = 10.5 months) so he's got a runny nose & red cheeks. We had Grandma & Grandpa Seiter over for presents and cake tonight. Burke loved all of his gifts (thank heavens we don't remember anything before the age of three. He got ripped off in the present department on the parental end of things). He got some darling little black squeeker shoes from G&G Seiter. A floatey swimming suit from G&G Drewry. Scott & Amy's family got him a cute big board book with soft/feely animals inside. An alligator camping chair from us. And I made him a little book with church pictures in it. I got Carson a Book of Mormon for his first birthday because he loved to sit and listen to me read him books. Burke is a different child, and I think a quick picture book is more his speed right now.

He had a great time with his piece of chocolate cake. He played in the icing for a few minutes & then got to the cake. His runny nose made it difficult to eat & breathe, but he definitely had fun. I gave him a bath & got his jammies on. We read a couple of books and I new his eyes were getting heavy. He turned around in my lap & put his arms around my neck, signaling me to put him in his bed. We skipped saying prayers because he was so ready for bed.

He's growing up so fast & catching on to communicating in his own way. He has the best laugh and smile. I'm learning what it means to have two 'individual' children as I learn what Burke likes and needs. It took me a while to get to know him and bond with him because I felt like I was in survival mode for so long, but I love him to pieces. I could kiss his fat neck and blow in his armpit just to make him laugh all day long - he'd have enough after about one minute. I love watching him figure out new things. I love to watch him play with Carson & hear them laugh together.

Carson starts preschool tomorrow and I'm looking forward to having some one-on-one time with Burke. I'm also hoping some days he'll take a nap while Carson's gone. I'm not holding my breath on that one.

It's been a good day. Up at 5:30 to go run with some friends from the ward. (In case you were wondering, the stars are still out & it's freaking freezing at that time of the morning.) Read scriptures (gotta catch up on about 25 chapters), showered, made a cake, cleaned house, went for a walk in the wind, cleaned more house, did birthday stuff, blogged, and now.........sweet sleep. I hope Burke sleeps through the night tonight & his teeth don't keep him up again like last night.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I can't believe that Burke turned one! holy cow! I hope carson enjoys Laurie Duke as much as lilee did...she's awesome! I think that's where your taking him right? Anyways- glad to see you back blogging! have fun!

kyleandtaryn said...

Ah! Your boys are adorable! Happy Birthday Burke! Sounds like a busy, happy day. I love the pictures of him and his cake, he looks like he loved every minute of it. Wish we lived closer, Kristin Smith, Chris Bissett, Ashley Shurtz, me and all our rugrats got together a few days ago at the park and I was thinking about you and Kels. Next summer we'll have to plan something!

Francis Family said...

He's One?! Holy time flies! He's getting so big! Happy Birthday to him!!

Ty and Mari said...

1 year already huh! wow! he is so cute!