Burkie went for his 12 month check up on Friday. He's 25lbs - 12oz (85%) & 31" long (85%) & his head is in the 95th percentile. He's wearing 18 month clothes & size 5 baby shoes. The doctor was so impressed that he could point to his nose - he said kids can't usually do that until they're 15 or 18 months old - and that he was signing. He's really smart, you guys (just for you, Jenn). There was only one nurse, so instead of 2 shots simultaneously in each leg, he got four individual/one-at-a-time shots. ugh. He did so well, though, & only cried after the last one for a minute.
He is learning so much & it's so fun to watch!!! He signs for 'more' 'hungry' 'milk' 'all done' and sometimes folds his arms when we say the blessing on the food. He waves, says "Mama" (and may have said "Dadda" tonight??). He's walking more & more, but still likes to crawl most of the time. Sometimes he swings his head from side to side while he crawls like a made rhinoceros (thanks, Laurel, for that comparison!) He dances when music comes on & likes to 'sing' with it too. He loves to be tickled and to play peek-a-boo.
He gives great hugs where he wraps his arms around my neck & actually hangs on. I LOVE IT!!! I ask for a kiss & he makes a kissy sound & then comes at me with his mouth wide open & slobbers all over me. Sometimes when I pick him up & put him on my hip, he'll rub my back just below my shoulder - so cute!
He's sleeping a lot better these last few days & not waking up at all in the night. He usually goes to bed at 7:30 or 8 & sleeps til 7 or 7:30. He only takes one nap for a couple of hours in the middle of day.
He eats a lot. He can polish off four chicken nuggets in a matter of seconds & then signs for more. He loves grapes and apples, bread, cheese, milk, cheerios & pretty much anything else he can pick up & eat himself. He's not too keen on me sticking a spoon in his face anymore.
We read the same few books at night & he knows when the last page is done & leans over to get a new book. Our last one is "Hand Hand Fingers Thumb" and I've started tapping out the rhythm of the words. If I forget he grabs my finger & starts tapping the book. He also likes to point at the pictures in the books.
He and Carson were sitting in the shopping cart at Costco the other day & were having so much fun for a few minutes. They'd make noises and faces & make each other laugh so hard! I couldn't help but laugh & neither could the people that were walking by. I love it when they get along and have fun together!
I love my Burkie!!
4 comments:
your posts are soooo fun!Loved to hear about the boys. And the soup. and the pot! I think Dad is jealous- altho' I don't know why we'd ever need one.
Wow Burke is sooo grown up! I need to know how to get him to sign! And feeding him grapes and apples?!??! I am SO scared to give Brodyn that stuff! HELP!! You are doing a way better job than me, help a girl out. Love the post and love when you update them!
He is such a stud muffin! What a cutie..can't believe he is 1 already! Where does the time go?
Oh, I love boys! Your fellas are so cute! Makes me miss the days when mine were little....so long ago.
Post a Comment