Saturday, September 18, 2010

September

Carson started preschool on the 8th! He goes to a little class (about 10 kids) in a lady's basement & he loves it!! I was worried he wouldn't want to stay by himself, but he does so great! His teacher talked to me for just a second when I dropped him off the other day. She said he follows directions very well & plays nicely - "He's such a good boy! He's won my heart!! Thank you for having such a great little boy!" Oh!! You're welcome! I'm so glad you haven't seen the throw-myself-on-the-floor, pester-my-brother-til-he-cries, keep-buggin-til-my-mom-gets-mad Carson. He doesn't come around very often, but when he does.......

But really though, who wouldn't love this!?!?! 1st Day of School!!



Big batch of fresh veggies from the garden
+ 1 head of cabbage from Bountiful Baskets
+4 Hours
= Borscht.
Conclusion: Borscht is a good use of beets and cabbage, but the end flavor is pretty boring for so much work. It's served with sour cream & dill on top, which is the only reason I eat it. (Kinda like I only eat salad for the salad dressing.)
This is my new 24 Quart pot I got to cook apples for apple sauce & make HUGE batches of borscht.

This is my new autumn front porch display. Not sure why we're underlining this other than the fact that I can't figure out how to turn it off. Consider this a very important picture.

We went for a drive last week after stake conference to take pictures of houses (not as creepy as it sounds. maybe). We've been working on designing house plans - mostly just for fun. I wanted pictures of houses that I like, so I drove & Mark ran the camera. Our next activity will be to drive by at night & see if they leave their blinds open so I can see the floor & design. You think I'm kidding.


Carson loved every minute of it.

This technically happened in August (and is also very important, apparently). I got my Christmas present from Mark!!! He started a chimney cabinet for me before Christmas & it's (fiiinnnaaallllyyyy) done & in the living room! It holds lots of toys & blankets & cleans up the corner by the tv!!!
He also made me some frames so I can get some pictures on the wall after moving furniture 4 or 5 months ago. Burke got a hold of one & was crawling around with it on.

e
Life is good. I've been getting up at the butt crack of dawn to go running with some friends in the ward & it feels good. Mark watches BYU football every Saturday & loves it.

Signing off to go watch Prince of Persia with Markee!!

4 comments:

kelsey said...

i will come with you any time to go creepy night-time stalker driving! jake thinks i gawk. . . please. i'm just curious!

love the cabinet. let me know if you liked that movie. jake wants to see it, i thought it looked terrible.

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

I love your cabinet! I've had my eye on Anna's for so long... we were supposed to make one while we still lived there, but never got around to it... so some day we will have matchers... I'll paint it a different color though!

Jo said...

My favorite part is where you say "Carson loved every minute of it" And he looks like he's being tortured and you're barely out of the driveway! LOL Literally!

Jenn said...

Um... This is my favorite post in a long! I have permaGrin! You're so funny!! I love you!!