Updating once a month is lame....except when there's nothing going on.
Mark was gone for two and half weeks at the end of January. They were installing in Virginia - right by Washington, D.C. The first week he was gone went pretty well here. I was busy with a bunch of things, but then I decided to go home & stay with Mom & Dad for a little while. They came & got us in Idaho Falls & we spent 10 days with them. We went swimming one day with Jenn's kids, did a little shopping - my favorite thrift store is in Lethbridge!! - went to church, ate out too much..... Carson got a couple of toys from the thrift from Gramma & Crappaw - Mater who makes noises & spins his wheels & "Sillay" (or Sully from Monsters, Inc). I don't know why he can't say "Sully" but he can't. "Sillay" or "Sullay" but no "Sully." It was super cold the first couple of days we were there. Like -29*F cold. And then they had a chinook so it got warmer but it was windy! I'd forgotten what real wind is like (although Heber's had its share of bad wind storms this winter). So my running suffered a little while I was there, but I still managed to get out a couple of times.
Speaking of running.....I'm signed up to run in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay!! I'm so excited. It's a 12-person relay (our team is all women) & we run 188 miles from Logan through Heber to Park City. It's really by chance - sort of - that I'm even doing, but no coincidence, I think. I've known about the Ragnar since we moved here. One morning in June we left to go to work & there were decorated vans surrounding the school right by our house & people sleeping all over the lawns. What is going on!! Anyway, once I started running I thought it would be so fun to do it. Then I started running with two girls from ward - turns out they were both on a team to run it. Then, one of them found out she was expecting - due the end of May. The race is the middle of June. So she asked me if I wanted to take her spot! Yes Please!!! We had a team meeting on Tuesday night & I'm really excited! They all seem really nice & I'm excited for the adventure. I think all but one or two of them have done this before, so it'll be nice to have some veterans there with me. I've started training - running (mostly) everyday & lifting weights a little bit. I'm hoping for a side of "nice summer bod" to go with all this work. We'll see how it goes!
Valentine's Day was fun. I made Mark a little book of reasons why I love him. He got me a gift card to a salon so I could buy tanning minutes = heaven. I need sun therapy. I'm not hoping for anything too drastic - just a little color & whole lot of happiness. Remember in Harry Potter (insert number here - I've only seen a few of them) and the Dementor comes & Harry's exhausted & he says he feels weird: "Like I'll never be happy again." Sometimes that's how I feel in the winter. Circumstances are the same as any other time - household stuff, kid stuff, church stuff - but something comes over me at the beginning of the year & it's so hard to be happy. And then we get teased with a little Spring-ey-ness & things start looking up. And then we get another snow storm & I eat too much & spend too much time doing nothing. And then Spring really does come & all is right with the world again. So I guess I'm hoping if I get my own head start with a little sun & a little warmth, maybe I'll get a little head start in feeling better (and look good wearing shorts in May/June instead of only in August when I have a summer tan!)
Burke is starting to make more word sounds. Today he saw the picture of Jesus beside our front door & said "Chs" which is also the word for cheese & juice, but I was so happy he recognized Him! He says "Shs" for shoes & just started with an "ock" kind of sound for sock. He makes a slurping noise for a drink & still says Mamama for milk & "MMMAAAAA" for Mom. He's great at answering yes or no questions by nodding or shaking his head. He understands a lot and is just a really good kid. Unless he's supposed to be quiet - then he's all giggles.
I bought some fabric to make new (Spring-ey!) kitchen curtains & some curtains for the cubbies on our computer desk that collect junk. I don't care if they're full of junk - I just don't want to have to see it. I'm hoping to work on that this week. And exercise. And exercise some more to work off the 6 cookies-worth of cookie dough I ate today. It was not pretty.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the race sounds so fun - good for you for doing it!
I loved the update. Your boys are darling.
jealous that you're running the ragnar--- awesome. Not that I could even think of running that right now, but still. Jake's sister and her husband have done it a couple of times. Good luck! I sooooo badly wish I were there to run with you. Running by yourself bites. lol.
Oh, and your kids are way too big. That is all.
Oh and. . . you better come to the farm this summer.
Post a Comment