Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sweet Summer

 
We left for Raymond at the end of June - the whole family.  Mark and I went to Calgary to see "Wicked" on opening night.  SO AWESOME!  You must go if you ever have the chance.  Every song gives me goosebumps.  It's clean.  It's funny.  It's a great story.


We watched the Raymond parade - on July 1st, of course.  Mark's first time seeing it in our almost-7-years of marriage.  Got to see family from both sides. 

 

Burke loved Uncle Bryan's toys!





 The boys ran away to stuff themselves with their parade loot.


Burke smelled suspiciously like licorice.......


Couple days later, Uncle Bruce brought over some of his archery stuff & let us play.  It was so fun!!  That was my first time & I liked it!

Carson got suited up & took a turn too.  It was so fun to see Uncle Bruce helping him & teaching him.  He told Carson to grit his teeth, make a serious face, and become "one with the arrow".  This was  a fun night!






I'm pretty much a professional......at hitting everywhere but the target.....



Mark left for home that weekend & the kids and I stayed in Raymond for 3ish weeks.  It was so fun to have other people around while Mark was out of town working - or should I say be around other people.  We played at the lake, spent a couple of days at Jenn's house, did some shopping, played outside.......it was  a fun time.

I forget what it's like to be able to see the sky for miles.......no storm......storm......
When I first moved to Heber I felt kind of claustrophobic being surrounded by "mountains" all the time.  I guess I've gotten used to it because I found myself in awe of all the sky and land I could see at any give time.......*sigh*



Mark had flowers sent to me - "Just because I miss you and love you"  They were so pretty and lasted forever!
 Mom and Dad drove us home & left the next day.  Thanks, guys, for an awesome month & all your help!

The kids and I got home just in time to whip the yard & house into shape and host part of Mark's family's reunion.  Somehow I don't have any pictures of that...........we had a water day in the backyard.  Then a play day with games and movies and bubbles.  The final day was at Seiter's house and we had a bouncy house and fun games for the adults.  It was a great few days!!

Carson had swimming lessons the following week.  He's a pretty timid kid & some of it made him nervous, but by the end of the week he was doing great!


I took the kids to the county fair one day & bought some tickets for the rides.  Pretty sure Carson almost fell asleep on this one......


 They loved it!  I was roasting.  We got cotton candy.  It was a fun afternoon.

Here's a little mountain storm brewing......this was right before I was sure it was going to blow over & it ended up drenching me while I tried to finish cooking our supper on the barbecue.

I took the kids up to watch the Heber parade.  Heber could definitely take a few notes from Raymond's book on how to throw a parade........  The kids had fun.  Somehow in summer I lose all scruples about my kids being dressed and in public.  You'll notice that they're both in their pajamas.  At 5pm.  On main street.  --Best.  Mom.  Ever.--

Also somewhere in there is playing in the pool in the (fenced!) backyard.  Me having strep throat & a sinus infection.  Burke getting bumped off the bed & spraining his thumb.  Burke getting stung by a bee & his finger swelling up huge.  Mark being in Kansas City, MO and LA, California.  Cub Scouts, Sunbeams, a nephew's baby blessing, a bike redo, and coming up tomorrow.....picking apples & canning apple sauce. 

Have I mentioned I love summer?

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Yeah... thanks again for hosting or hostessing things at your place... I think it worked out GREAT! I'm jealous that Mark sent you flowers. Tim keeps telling me I don't like flowers... I said that once and he has held me to it. Sad. And nobody probably noticed your boys in the PJ's... and if they did they would probably say, "see.. I shouldn't have made them change... that mom is so relaxed... she must be having a great summer."

Jo said...

I LOVED YOU!
What a fun post to remind us of all the fun we had together, and since! Glad we got to share some of it with you all.

Judy said...

we were at Wicked in Calgary opening night too! Too bad we didn't see you!

kelsey said...

So jealous/happy that you got to see Wicked! and with Mark, and got to dress up and just have such a fun time! I started reading the book then threw it in the garbage, but I really want to see the show since they cut all the garbage out.

I think Jake has only been to a couple of parades in Raymond too. I'm glad to see Mark sporting the Canada shirt. Too bad we didn't see each other. Oh wait, I wasn't at the parade. . . sad.

Your summer is only missing one thing--- ME. Just build me a guest house why don't ya? I'll be right over. . .