Friday, January 13, 2012
Burke-isms
When Grandma Jo was here, she put together a "ginger-built" house with Carson & Burke.
She also took them to "Mal-Mart".
His sss sound by itself is quite lisp-y. When it's combined with another letter it becomes an f sound......sleeping is 'fweeping", slippers are "fippers", and sliding is 'fiding'. He was sliding out of his side of the car one day when we were headed into the store, and he started saying in his make believe "aaahhh, there's an emergency" voice - "I'm fiding. I'm fiding." Took me a minute to figure out he wasn't fighting something.
"Who wants dis for thay-o" is something that gets said a lot. Usually when he's standing up on a chair or the couch holding up a toy. He tucks his chin into his chest to make his voice deeper & more......salesman-like? (who wants this for sale?)
He was upset about something today and "rarv"-ed really loud & then spit at me. I asked him if he needed soap in his mouth. He said no & quit spitting & went and did something else. A few minutes later I hear him calling me from the bathroom saying he wanted to get down. "I want soap in my mouf". "No, Burkie. You only get soap in your mouth if don't quit spitting. Mommy will do it for you if you're in trouble. Don't eat soap, OK?" "I need soap in my mouf." Oh boy.
Others:
"What you saying?"
"ah fewy"
"Skewby-Dewb" (scooby doo)
"I fohd" (I'm full)
"oh, yeah. sure."
He's getting pretty good at saying prayers. If he can remember how it starts. And can stay focused for more than 4 seconds.
He has a lot of silly walks. The one where he sticks his nose in the air & marches with knees up high. The one where he twists the top half of his body. The one where he hunches down & stomps. And of course, his regular bow-legged walk. Which usually turns into a run.
Love this kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment