Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cruel and Unusual Punishment

Two words (or is it only one?): Hair Cut. I cut Carson's hair today because his cowlicks in the front were a mile high & he looked like he had a duck tail in the back. I knelt on the bathroom floor, sat him on my lap & turned the clippers on. "BBBaaaaaahhhhhhhh. Daddy! nnnOOOOOOOeeeeee. Daddy." He bawled and screamed the whole time. If he would've just let me do it, it would've taken a whole five minutes. But no, he had to cry and squirm and stand up & look for Daddy to come save him. I'm sure if the neighbors could've heard us they would've been very concerned. When he was done I turned him around to look and his face was covered in giant tears and snot and hair...a complete, disgusting mess. I stripped him down & put him in the tub to rinse of before I gave him a bath & he screamed like the water was ice cold and I was holding him under (neither one was the case). Now I remember why I let his hair grow for as long as I can possibly stand before cutting it. It's really not that fun to do!

In other news: Mark and I are taking "Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University" and we both really like it. I'm pretty excited about it & hope it'll help me make the changes I need to to quit being such a "free spirit" Last night the he talked about nerds (who are particular and controlling about everything) and free spirits (who don't care and wanna LIVE). Mark and I decided we're both "Ferdspirts" because he's totally anal about money and I'm not, but I'm anal about being on time, tidy, etc & he's not. Wha'd'ya say to that, Dave?

Carson is talking a lot lately. He's putting 2 and 3 words together & it's really fun. Whenever we try to get him to talk in front of other people or catch it on camera.....he of course won't do it. His latest thing is to open the fridge door and stand there and say "uummmm???" like he's looking for that perfect thing to eat. It was cute the first time & now I'm looking for a chain and padlock. He'll also tilt his head and kinda duck it right into your line of vision so you really pay attention to what he has to say. He usually does it when he really needs something..."watch? watch?" "moh peez" "daddy'stwuck?"

My latest goal is to organize & albumize the last six months-worth of pictures (and when I say six months I mean since June, which is really now 8 months-worth)......so far.....no progress has been made. I have to look up the dates of the pictures on the computer & I can't do that while Carson's awake & there are other things I like to do while he takes a nap.....like shower & read my scriptures, etc. Also, I keep putting it off because I don't really like to do it, but I do like to have them put away, etc (it's the nerd in me).

I'm also working on our upcoming Enrichment night and the Seiter family summer reunion (it's in August, but I'm working on it now because I'm a nerd).

4 comments:

Jenn said...

:) you make me laugh. Me and George are Ferdspirts too! But for different reasons, I think. Good Word! Love it!

kelsey said...

nice. i need to see carson asap. who likes albumizing pictures anyways? and is that even a word? meh. p.s. i just got called to the enrichment board. . . who even knows what that means? have i ever even been to enrichment? i'm a bad person. lol. you'll have to give me some tips!

Laurel said...

At least you have copies of your pictures. Mine are either on cd's or on our computer. I wonder how much it would cost to get all of them printed?! hmmm. Arent you missing Rexburg? I bet you could really use a trip up here huh? You can even come without Mark and just stay like an entire week! I'm sure that sounds really appealing when you remember how much smaller my apartment is than your house.

littledochy said...

Michael is a little wary of the hair clippers so we always let him touch them first while they're vibrating so he gets used to it. We try to convince him it tickles him so he won't cry. But there's still the whole squirming business to deal with. Not fun, I feel your pain.