Carson's new thing is to grab us by the hand (or the pant-leg or the arm or whatever) and drag us to whatever he wants. Yesterday morning, Mark got up with him and Carson started asking for breakfast. Traditionally he asks for "fah" because that's the most of "breakfast" he can pronounce. As of yesterday morning, he's replaced the "h" with a "k" and drops the f-bomb 4 or 5 times until we get him some breakfast. Needless to say, we're trying to break that habit.
Also, I told you earlier about how Carson answers "uh-huh" when you ask him a question. Usually it's in his higher, whinier voice. But lately (and we don't know where this came from) he opens his mouth, tilts his head down so his chin touches his chest & says "uh-huh" - sounding like a muppet! It's so great!! Try it - you'll laugh.
Also, I can't get enough of the sound of him running around. He rarely walks anywhere in the house unless he doesn't have anywhere in particular to go - in which case he spreads his legs as far as they can go & walks like he has no knees. But when he runs, I can hear the paddle of his feet & the sound of his diaper 'swooshing' across his clothes & I love it! Sometimes he opens his mouth and lets the jarring of his steps bounce his voice - like when you ride your bike on a gravel road.
He also thinks he can read......only problem is, he thinks that letters are really numbers. If I have a logo on my shirt or something, he'll point to the letters and say "two.....foy....nun...." The other day he repeated each letter of the alphabet after I said them. 'W' was "digga digga" which is maybe why he's started to call Mark "digga digga digga digga Daddy" He calls himself "Cah-Cah".
3 comments:
He is getting SO big! I can't wait until Avery is running around our small apartment and saying funny words!
Love it! He is such a cutie...when I read things like this it makes me look forward to all of Claire's future developments. Kids are so much fun! Good luck on the f-bomb...maybe don't go out for breakfast for a while. ha. Or do...that could be interesting. :)
aw. i miss him! bring him over, asap so i can hear little "cah-cah" speak!
Post a Comment