I didn't share any of the good things that have happened. My sister & her family & my parents came down the 2nd weekend in October. We went to the zoo. We swam, fed ducks, had Thanksgiving Dinner & had lots of fun!
Burke was blessed that weekend & we had a fun get-together after with both sides of the family.
(This isn't good but worth writing down) Carson slammed his left thumb in the car door a couple weeks ago. It was so sad. I kept telling him that he was being a brave boy & to just be tough. He told me "I don't want to be a big boy" through all his tears. Poor thing!! It's kinda black & purple now. I don't know if his fingernail will fall off or not.......wait and see, I guess.
Burkie's still eating about every 2-2 1/2 hours.......is that normal?? He'll go a few more hours than that at night (he'll sleep from 12-4 & then after that's it's every 2 hours again), so he's obviously capable of not eating! It's kinda getting old.....
Mark sprayed insulation in our house.
It was our 5th wedding anniversary this past (is it past or passed?) week. Wowza!! We got insulation!! And I got a Cricut Expression!!! I've only played with it a little bit, but I'm really excited about it!!! Mark's mom watched our kids & we went out to eat that night.
Burke's doing fussy time right now (usually at least 2 hours worth if not more) with Mark. It seems like I have to deal with him at night while Mark goes to bed, so he offered to take a turn tonight. It's nice to not have to hold Burke & bounce him, but I can still hear him crying so I don't know if it's worth it.
I got called to be the secretary in the Relief Society today. I'm excited about it, but also kinda worried because I haven't had time to do much of anything on the computer between feeding & bouncing & making PB&J's & changing diapers & feeding & cleaning, etc.
So there's a little update. Not much for pictures because there isn't much time for that either. Burke isn't smiling yet (should I be worried? He's 7 weeks?) & apparently doesn't have much to be happy about so there isn't much worth taking pictures of. (That's not a very positive note to end on either!)
I made apple pie tonight with Mark's mom. It turned out really good!
5 comments:
ha. you make me laugh. the apple pie note was a good one to end on. wow, burke is definitely an eater. i wouldn't say it's "abnormal" but i think he could go longer. . . just my 'professional' opinion. lol. i sometimes like and sometimes hate when other people try to tell me what to do with raising my child, so just tell me to shut up if i ever say anything that makes you mad. i can take it, i promise!
i'm excited to see the spoils of your new cricut! that's super exciting. happy anniversary.
wasn't it last week you were calling/e-mailing me in edmonton, telling me about this boy who came over EVERY day, but "it's nothing." HA!!! I love you, and i'm glad it turned into "something."
Happy late anniversary! When I was about 10 I slammed my thumb in my grandpa's car door getting out to go to the movie Iron Will. I was crying and showing my grandma and she kept telling me that she couldn't see my thumbnail because it was covered in black and purple nail polish! The next day she realized that none of my other nails were painted and rushed me to the doctor and then rest is kind of gross... So poor Carson! He is a brave boy!
So... I'm pretty bummed that you waited until after I left to make the pie. Oh well. You should post the recipe so I can make it and pretend you didn't give us the shaft. I'm totally kidding. But I do want the recipe if it was good. It was fun to see you guys and to watch Olivia and Carson together.
Once again I love reading your posts. I can totally relate. Brodyn sleeps from 10-2 sometimes and then its every 2 hours after that but mostly it's every 2 hours from 9 on. 9, 11, 1, 3, 5, 7....little boy can eat!! You're still keeping busier than me, if I get my house cleaned in a day I feel I am doing good!! Baking is an extra bonus if I can do it.
I to, love reading your blog. It makes me feel like Im not alone in this crazy world. Im so nervous to have two kids, it's driving me crazy just thinking about it. It about thirteen weeks I will be feeling the same way Im 100 percent sure of it. Hang in there girly.
Post a Comment