Thursday, October 1, 2009

not much time






There doesn't seem to be much time to blog lately. I still read them.....while I'm bouncing the baby at night during his fussy time. But I find that my "free time" is filled with regular household chores & playing with Carson & napping!

Burke is a pretty good baby - especially compared to how Carson was. He spits up - but not 3/4 of every meal like Carson did. He has fussy time - but not 4 or 5 hours at a time like Carson did. He probably eats as much as Carson did - but he keeps most of it down which is probably why he's growing like a WEED. He was 8lbs 1oz when he was born. He was 7 -11 when we left the hospital. At one week he was 8-4. At two weeks he was 9-3! Doc says that's probably the most weight gain in an infant he's seen! Usually they expect 1- 1 & 1/2 ounces per day - that'd be 7ish ounces in a week....not 15!! I weighed him on the bathroom scale this morning (I started this post last night before dinner & am trying to finish it now..) and he was 11 pounds at 3 & 1/2 weeks!

Carson is..........adjusting.........we've had some rough days - mostly when Burke's been awake a lot and needed lots of attention. Carson acts out when I don't have time/patience to reason with him or give all the attention he (thinks he) needs. He still loves to give Burkie hugs & kisses. He's pretty good about finding a binkie (although he's usually sucked on it by the time it gets to me) or getting a diaper when I need one. He's kind of stopped saying cute things. I'm sure it's because we don't visit a lot like we used to - sad. He did have some good ones while my parents were here though.
He wanted a drink of my mom's Coke & I didn't want him to so he was jumping up & down flapping his arms & making a fuss. I told him "If you keep flapping your arms like that, you're going to fly away!" He told me "I can't go away, I'm too little.
From my dad, he picked up "That's the ticket!" and also to cover his mouth after he burps and say, "Scuse me. I had a big burp." Which is funny when we're at home, but I'm thinking in nursery it's going to be more embarrassing than cute......

Jenn & her family & my parents are coming this coming week & we'll bless Burke (the Burkster, Burkenstein, Burkie McBurkeson) on Sunday.

(Ok, I started this post on Thursday before dinner & I'm up at 4:30am with the boy on Saturday morning finishing it! And that's why there aren't any recent pictures. These are from 2 weeks ago!)

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Burke is so handsome. Olivia and I were looking at your blog and she knew everyone and is getting so good at saying everyone names. When we saw the picture of your mom she said "hilary" so I guess she doesn't make the hair color distinction yet. I know I told you this already but we are super excited to see you guys. I'm glad little Burke is easier for you than Carson was and I'm sure that as Burke gets a little older Carson will get more attention or at least not be thrown off by it. That is one major thing I worry about with olivia but it's a fact of life right? Anyway thanks for the update.

The Merrills said...

I TOTALLY know how you feel! Time is sparse now days.
Brodyn is growing like crazy too! He was 7lbs 12Oz in the hospital, 7lbs 14Oz at 9 days and 9lbs 8oz at 19 days. He is getting so big, so fast!
It's cute reading about a baby the same age as Brodyn! I'm sure I'll relate to most of what you blog :)

kelsey said...

how did i miss this post? oh, right, cause it was "posted" three days ago. anyway, wow. burke is a little chunk, i love it. now i need more pictures to compare!! also, is his hair a tinge reddish???? ah. i want a redhead so bad, i'll be mad at you if you get one. lol. jk.
i hope carson starts visiting with you more, i can't even imagine how that affects 2 year olds. pretty big, i'm sure. good luck juggling everything, you are doing great!

p.s. also, it's so great for you that burke isn't puking up everything like carson did. YAY!