Burke's Blessing Day
More Carsonisms.............
While my parents were here, when Carson didn't want to do something we asked him, he'd cry and pout & scream and say, "Not tuhday!! Maybe dummoyoh!!"
The day of our anniversary, Carson was SO tired, but he wouldn't take a nap. He told me he wanted "cewee-oh" (He loves "TOTAL" which is pretty much bran flakes....odd? yes.). So I put some in a bowl & he ate it all. Then he wanted more. So I got him more & it ended up spilling. He started to cry - a sad cry, not a mad one, surprisingly. He said he wanted more cereal. And I started to pour more "total" when he said through his big tears, "No, not that kind. It spills." So he told me he wanted a "peebudduh sammich." I got all the stuff out & looked over at him sitting at the table & he'd but his arms on the table & his head on his arms & he was asleep!! Before I could get over there, he'd laid down on the chair with his chest & tummy on the seat & his legs & head hanging off each end. I picked him up - he stayed asleep - & put him on our bed. Mark's mom came over to give us something for our anniversary & she ended up staying with the kids while Mark & I went to the Zermatt for supper.
A while ago Carson started saying "Mike Wyzowski" (sp?) from Monsters, Inc. And a little while after that he started calling Burke, "Burkozowski"!!
Carson loves his brother - a little too much sometimes! So much so that we can't get him to leave Burke alone! Lots of times when Burke's in the swing, Carson has to go over & try to give him a kiss or an extra push. Sometimes he turns the swing off. Whenever we get after him for this, his response is "Oh, he's just fine."
He loves to watch "Shleepin' Boody" and I love to hear him try and say Malificent (sp?) .......Madilicfent.......Badisensense........Maliscilent...... He also loves to sing "I know you. I walked with you once upon a drean." (Yes, 'drean,' even though I ask him every morning, "Did you have a good sleep? What did you dreaM about?") He loves it so much that we sang it for our opening song in Family Home Evening last week.
He learned about getting baptized & confirmed in Nursery a couple weeks ago. Usually he knows that he's 2 & you need to be 8 to be baptized. My visiting teacher was here yesterday, & Carson turned into a little chatterbox. He'd finally come to sit by me, when he jumped out of the chair, went over to my visiting teacher & whispered, "I get cuhfirmed."
She was sweet and said, "Oh, you get confirmed after you get baptized, right? How old do you have to be before you get baptized?"
"Two!"
"Oh, really? I think you need to be 8!"
"No, two."
"Oh. Ok."
His latest thing is to imitate me & get right in Burke's face & say to him in "mommy-talk", "Smy-rl Burkie! Aah you smiying? I think you smioed at me!!"
He talks to himself too. Or maybe he's just talking & hoping we're listening. "I'm going to get a knife for my play-doh. Ok? Ok." "I locked it, K? K."
1 comment:
Carson is really funny. I love how his sentences and just the things he says in general are so mature sounding. I love that picture of Burkes blessing day.
Post a Comment