Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Before I Forget

I have to write these things down before I forget.

Carson's changed his weekly-watch it four times a day-first thing in the morning-movie to 'Singinerelluh' (aka Cinderella) or Singinerayoo. He loves to see the animals & will tell me everytime the horse or dog or cat come on or make a sound.



His latest 'thing' is to ask for something "Froo Nack" (fruit snack), so I ask him, "Would you like a fruit snack?" and he replies with a tilt of his head & big grin, "oKAay" with a "now you're talkin'" kind of ring to it. Like he's so glad we had that idea. And he does it with everything - going outside, watching a movie, etc.



He's also started into more 'microbursts' lately. I kind of think it's because I've been so sick & haven't given him the time/attention he really needs, so hopefully they'll subside soon. But it seems like any time he doesn't get what he wants we have a scream, a Michael Flatley/Lord of the Dance routine, & often a floor routine. He's usually over it pretty quickly, but I'll be honest - I could do without about 98% of them.
He'll also try and try to do something - open a package, do up the buckles on his high chair, etc - until he stops and says "cannn't dooat". So I'll ask him, "Can momma help you?" "Momma dooat". Or if he really wants to try something, it's "CahCah dooat".

1 comment:

Jenn said...

aww!

I love the Flatley picture... really added to your description! Very creative!