Monday, May 11, 2009

Last Week

This is 21ish weeks...... I went for a check-up today & the Doc said everything seemed great. We listened to the baby's heart beat & I could hear some irregular rhythms & it kinda freaked me out. I didn't say anything, but the Doc listened for longer than usual & then asked me if I could hear it. Uh, yeah. He said it's called PAC (don't know what that stands for) & it's when the heart receives an electrical impulse from somewhere other than the pacemaker. He said that it's just something in the wiring before it gets big enough and isn't usually something to worry about. He said in all the babies he's worked with/delivered, only a couple of them had it passed the 3rd trimester. He said if the baby still has it in the 3rd trimester, they do none-stress tests, but he's never had a problem with it. He thought even by the time I come next month it might be gone. I'm hoping he's right.
I wish I had a picture of Carson AND Mark from Saturday. They had 'matching' outfits & looked pretty cute. They're becoming good buds lately. The other day Mark was sitting at the computer & Cars' came up & grabbed his hand and pulled into the front room -RIGHT up to where Mark's guitar sits & pointed to it and said "Pyay Dat!" So Mark got it all tuned & sat on the couch & played some songs. Carson sat & watched & sometimes add his not-so-August Rush touch.

Lately when I sit at the computer, he'll come climb all over me & the desk & then ask to see the "tahctehrs". So I google 'Tractors' and pull the images & we scroll thru the 4 million results. He loves it.

He also will grab me around the neck & push his nose into my face as hard as he can then give me a big squeeze - LOVE IT!!

We were just looking at a little lift-the-flap book of all the States. I love getting him to say big words. Utah came out fine. Montana was "Mom-tanna". Texas was 'Teckas' and Massachusetts was "Masseussetts'.

I just tried to upload a video of Carson visiting with me, but it won't work. I thought maybe with a new computer I could do it now, but no luck.

And guess what I did the other day? I was washing the bathrooms rugs - all of them are white except one that has a taupe kind-of-border - and I put bleach in the washer not thinking about that one that could be ruined by bleach......aaarrrrhhhh! I was so mad when I pulled them out to put in the dryer. CRAP. Now it's a puke rug instead of a nice-match-my-bathroom rug. Oh well. "Use it up, where it out, make it do, or do without (even if it looks disgusting)", right?

In other news....we planted our garden on Saturday. We still need to plant our tomatoes, but we need to build another box for them & before we do that we need to put the siding on the shed so it isn't in the way.

I had a great Mother's Day. Mark gave a really nice card/note and made breakfast and helped a lot with Carson. After church we went to the in-laws for dinner & it was SO good (& so nice not to cook!). I love being Carson's mom & I hope I can be a good mom to 2 kids soon!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

That was a long post. I tried reading it last night but I didn't get very far before realizing Tim was waiting for me to have family home evening. Maybe it wasnt really that long, but it was fun to read. I'm sure the hearing the heartbeat was scary but I bet everything will be fine just like the doc says. I bet its gone by the next appointment too... because I know tons about it right? Carson is so cute and I am really glad you had a great mothers day. And you will be a great mom of 2.

Jenn said...

I say "ditto" to Laurel's comment.... she said it just like I would have! Love you, Hil!