Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Spring time. The only pretty ring time......

.......sweet lovers love, the Spring." If you can tell me what that's from.....we'll be friends for life!!

Anyhoo......we've had AMAZING weather the last few days. Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday were the best, so Carson & I went outside. I worked in the garden - raking up the dead stuff, leveling out the piles of dirt left from building the shed, digging the grass away from the edges - and in the flower bed - only for like 10 minutes 'cause I talked to my neighbor for like 1/2 an hour. We went for a walk & tidied up the garage & LOVED IT!! My nose & the back of my neck got sunburned & now my nose is peeling....sooo attractive. I've got tulips poking up out of the flower bed & my neighbor has some purple crocuses. We drove to SLC yesterday with Mark for fun & I caught a glimpse of a few yards with GREEN grass!!! I can't wait for full-blown Spring!

Our ward had a family dance last night. It was really fun to watch Carson bust a move!! Mark & I danced a couple & then chased Carson around the rest of the time. We stayed for about an hour & then came home to put Carson to bed. Mark & I watched "Fireproof". The acting is fairly cheesy for the most part, but the story is really good. I'd recommend it.

I haven't taken pictures for a long time......don't know why. These are from Feb 15th. This is a little after we decided we were really pregnant.
This is the quilt I want to get for Carson's big boy bed. I saw it in the store (Target) all folded up & didn't see the royal blue on it, so I don't know how much I love it now. But it's white & blue-gray & navy blue stripes. The quilt alone is $80 so we'll see if that really happens.My mom & dad were called to be Temple workers this week. I'm so excited for them & think it will be really neat. They asked that the men be clean-shaven.......which means my dad SHAVED OFF HIS MUSTACHE!!!!! I cried when my mom told me! I think she cried too. In all my 24.5 years my dad has had a mustache. I've only seen him without it in pictures from high school & when they lived in Germany almost 30 years ago!!! I haven't seen him yet, but we're going to Skype today. I wonder if Carson will recognize him?!?

7 comments:

kelsey said...

i can't even concentrate on anything except your dad shaving his stache! what??? of all the travesties. . . i think i just shed a tear as well. i must see a picture, asap, or i won't believe it.

Laura said...

I got sunburnt yesterday. I was surprised about it. I think I forgot that the sun could do that.

I quite like the quilt. It's very boyish.

AND you quoted my most favorite film ever. We will be friends forever!

"Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?"

Laurel said...

Well, apparently we WONT be friends forever because I have no idea where it is from. Oh well. At least we have the familial thing going. Cute pictures. And I dont think the royal blue is so bad. It isnt my favorite but the rest of it looks really nice. I seriously hope it is warm and sunny for Easter this year.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

ok, I saw your parents at the temple last night, and they both looked especially happy! How exciting for them. Know what's crazy? I didn't even notice that your dad shaved off his moustache. I think I'm quite possibly the most non-observant person ever. I'm happy for them. Happy for you too that Spring is happening at your house. Happy that you're having another little one. Life is great isn't it?

kelsey said...

p.s. i've been singing that blasted song ever since you posted, and now i can't figure out for the life of me where it's from. it's driving me crazy. tell me now.

p.s.s. i don't have to know to be friends forever, we already promised that in grade one. unless you're backing out. . .

p.p.s.s. i think if you have a girl, you should name her kelsey beth. how could she not be charming, intelligent, and strikingly beautiful? indeed.

Jenn said...

hmmm...I dare say "Willy Wonka"? I'll be mortified if I'm wrong. I love that there is Skyping - you have seen Dad before I have! I should set up a Skype time with him! SO glad you are having spring. We keep getting teased. It's really nice, and then it snows again. Today was beautiful - we're to get snow by Wednesday..... 5 cm! ga

{Sarah} said...

I know how you feel about the stache!!! My Dad had one all my life and then he shaved it off right before our high school grad... I barely recognize him in the pictures :S