wasn't too exciting - save one exception. Most of the week consisted of fixing meals, cleaning up meals, cleaning up the house, switching Carson's movie every 45 minutes ("Watch Cars" "No Cars. Watch 'Idjeous' (monsters, inc. - don't ask me!)" "No Idjeous. Watch Dogs (101 dalmations)" "No Dogs. Watch Gunch (how the grinch stole christmas)" "No Gunch. Watch Baby (baby einstein)."), changing diapers, convincing Carson that it really is time for a nap/bedtime, etc, etc, etc. We did go on a walk yesterday because it was so nice out. Mark insulated the inside of our big garage door. We went to Seiter's on Friday night for pizza after the Michael Seiter & Co. corporate meeting.
BUT.....Friday morning I went to my first prenatal appointment!!! I thought I was 13 weeks along, but Dr. Tayler said I was 12 weeks - dang. (Normally I wouldn't have waited this long, but I called when I was 9-10 weeks & they couldn't get me in 'til now.) Anyway, Mark came with me to hear the heartbeat & so did Carson. Carson was up early that morning so by 11 he was ready for a nap. He was fussing & squirming the whole time - until I got up on the table & the doctor found the baby's heartbeat & he stopped what he was doing, turned towards the table & waved! Needless to say I started tearing up! It was so neat to the heartbeat so strong & clear & know that everything's ok so far, but to have Carson acknowledge the sound was so cool!
So that's our big news. I've been nauseous or really sick. Every once in a while I have a day or two where I feel pretty rotten, but it definitely hasn't been a constant thing - which I'm so grateful for! I have been having some back trouble which I'm kind of afraid will get worse as I start getting bigger, but the Dr. said there really isn't much to do for it - which I kind of expected. As for gender hunches....? Who knows! On those sick days, I think "I didn't have this with Carson, maybe it's a girl" and then I feel better & don't know what to think. So anyway, we're pretty excited. I'm due Sept. 18th, so you'll probably see me out in Carson's pool this summer looking like a beached whale. Come over, I'll make room. Don't be afraid of what will probably look like tree trunks instead of ankles. It's just a bad case of cankles. It isn't contagious - just hideous.
In other news. Mark & I kept our budget 100% this month - with 87 cents to spare, I might add. This is the first time this has ever happened. We redid our budget today, so hopefully we can keep to it for 2 months in a row.
Also, I got called to be a nursery teacher today. There are already 2 sisters in there, but we have a lot of kids (if they all come). I'm mostly excited about it. I was hoping Carson would get to the point where we could leave him & I could enjoy SS & RS some before the baby comes, but this will be fine. This way I can keep an eye on Carson & hopefully stave off his pushing/hitting episodes. Any pointers on how to eliminate those behaviors?? I had the thought today that he just wants to interact with the other kids but doesn't know how to do it. He doesn't look mad when he does it (he will do it if he's provoked too, but mostly it's just out of the blue) & I wonder if he's just trying to 'play' & doesn't know how..........I probably sound like one of those passive moms that doesn't think her kid can do anything wrong, but it really bothers me! I've tried time outs, getting mad, reasoning with him (SOOO effective with an almost 2 year old. Are you picking up my sarcasm? 'Cause I'm layin' it on pretty thick.) Anyway, how do I help him stop hitting & pushing?
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am so excited that your appointment went well. I remember being so excited at our first ever first visit. It was a crazy cool feeling. Maybe kids are more in tune than we know... maybe Carson knew you were preggers before you did!? Hmmm... Well, congrats on staying on budget, thats great. And I have no advice since Livy Lou is still hitting, not as much or as hard... but yeah. Love you guys.
finally, the big announcement! i've been waiting for you to make it public. yay! sorry you are sick. oh, the back pain!!! ugh, i had it from day one, and it's not fun. i did try one of those maternity back braces though, and it seemed to help, especially if we were traveling.
i don't know anything about hitting/pushing, but i think it makes sense that he just needs to learn to play with other kids, and nursery will teach him that.
good luck with the budget. i hate them. lol.
K I so didn't know you were pregnant! CONGRATS! So are you finding out what it is then? That's awesome! I was really sick with both pregnancies (don't know if that is spelled right) anways I had to take diclectin and it worked AMAZING with Kyla but the twins it didn't work until about the 4th month and man was I sick! So hopefully you'll get over it soon. As for the hitting. Wow it's like dejavue with Kyla! She would do that too! So randomly too. I almost thought it was a territorial thing, or she didn't know, or just a messed up phase that drove me nuts!! She really would only ever hit her cousin (mostly), who we lived with for 3 months a year ago, they were together a lot so that could of been another factor. She just turned 2 then. I don't know, she did grow out of it eventually so there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Trus me I hated it because I didn't want to be the mom of a bully! I think when I calmly talked to her she understood more then when she got in trouble. Kyla responds worse when gets gets in trouble rather than being explained or talked to. (even though she gets her fair share of timeouts ) If you want anymore help let me know. I don't know much but I have been there. Good luck and Congrats again!! We better see pictures of your little belly!
Congratulations Seiter family!! That's exciting news! I had a lot of morning sickness with Claire which sucks, so it's good that it's not too frequent for you. Claire has started hitting too...early I know. She'll be a year next month and she's got a good right hook. Hopefully it won't last long. So Nursery sounds like a good idea since you've pretty much been camped out there anyways. We helped out for a couple weeks last month and it was really fun...the kids are so cute. Anyways, congrats Hil, keep us posted!
Congrats on your first appointment! Hope that you keep feeling good and that everything keeps going well!
Im so glad you finally came out with the big news!! Im so excited for you gusy! Just think, only like 4 more weeks and you could go to the gender ultrasound place in the mall and find out what your having! hehehe. Or you could just wait for your 20 week appointment like most people! lol. Anyways- lilee doesn't really hit, (not that I know of) so if you see her doing it in Nursery, let me know! Im so glad you are in there to help and teach my little bundle of joy! hehehe....not so little, and sometimes not much joy! lol. Anyways- talk to you soon!
Post a Comment