So the last two days have been full of "Oh Crap" moments. Yesterday I took a meal to a family in our ward who is moving (turns out she's in labor today - hope it wasn't my food that did it!). I put some soup in the crockpot & then decided to make some bread later in the day. Long story short I ended up making a full batch (my mixer can't handle a full batch) with too much yeast & everything pretty much overflowed out of the mixer & made a huge mess. All the while, Carson is bawling either trying to go to sleep in his bed or else hanging on my leg because he wants to be picked up. He's been sick for a couple of days & is really needy.
So this morning, he wakes up with snot all over his face & one of his eyes is glued shut (My Dr's out of the office, so I have to wait til 6 tonight when the urgent care opens to take him in) & it's all puffy & red. So I give him breakfast & then put him in the tub. His favorite thing to do in the tub is stand up & play with the little handle that turns the shower on. So he's standing up & he poops!! Luckily I was right there & could catch it with a kleenex. Whew! So then he's playing & I turn around to get his towel & he's squatting, pooping on the bottom of the tub!! OH CRAP!! So I pull him out of the tub, clean him off, get him dressed & then I bleach like I've never bleached before. In sixteen months of life, he's never pooped in the tub. I guess there's a first time for everything.
Then, I gave him some lunch & carried him over to the sink to wash his hands. Usually he kneels on the edge of the counter & he reaches his hands in (and holds on to the faucet & sprays water everywhere). Today, he stuck his foot out & I didn't notice & it landed right in the crockpot that was soaking in the sink full of cold, carrot-soupy water. Oh crap. So I pulled off his sock & put him down for a nap a few minutes later.
Ahh, the joys. So now he's sleeping & I need to make a bunch of phone calls. I wonder what the rest of the day has in store!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So I am so excited that you have a blog but sad that I am not on your friend list yet... Get on that would ya!!! I think you are a very good writer and I like to read your posts!!
oh my heck, I have days like that all the time! It seems like more often than not. Did Kayleen have her baby? is that who you took dinner too?
SINCE WHEN? and why haven't you told me? you are ridiculous... i'm mad! rrrrrrrrrr......
love you!
p.s. poor cars.
why is my blog not on your list? you have a whole year of my blog to catch up on! for the love...
wait... i'm retarded. the end.
Post a Comment