I tried to put Carson in time out yesterday for biting. He usually only does it when he's tired & I think he only bites me, but I don't want to send him to nursery biting & whatnot. So I'm trying time out. I sat him on the chair in our front room & I looked at him very sternly & said "Carson, we don't bite. It hurts and it isn't nice. Please don't bite." He closed his eyes for a second & when he opened them, his eyeballs were at the top of the socket & then he rolled them to one side! I've never tried so hard not to laugh, but I failed miserably! I started to laugh & then he started to laugh - obviously not what I was trying to accomplish. So the next couple of times it happened he tried to make me laugh, but it didn't work.
Does anyone have any suggestions about what to do to stop the biting?
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When my dad wanted me to stop biting my fingernails he painted my fingers with Tabasco. You could lather yourself up with some tabasco!? Olivia hits a lot, we do the same thing you did and she sometimes makes us laugh too. It is really hard not to.
Post a Comment