So I didn't think my vote for McCain would count anyway, but I guess now I know how to vote....
I hope Obama's "Change" doesn't mean more change out of our pockets.
Anyhoo....Carson now has "words" for truck & stuck (pretty much the same sound, it just depends on the context). He also makes a "doo doot" sound for bird & a more definite "woof woof" sound for dog.
He would stay in the bathtub all day if I would let him. It doesn't matter if the water is cold or if his skin looks like a raisin, he LOVES it. When I get him out & wrap him in a towel he makes the "Brrr!" sound & it makes me laugh every time! He loves to play peek-a-boo with us & we love it too!
Last night I baked the pumpkin that's been on my step for a week or so. The roasted seeds were the best part. We ate the whole pan-ful right when they came out of the oven. Today I made some Pumpkin-Cream Cheese-Streusal Topped muffins with the puree. They don't taste very pumpkin-y because my pumpkin wasn't really the right kind, but the muffins are still really good!
Our ward is doing an "Angel Tree" this year for Christmas & I'm supposed to explain how it'll work to our RS sisters on Tuesday at our Enrichment meeting (even though I wasn't in on any of the planning, etc.....fake it 'til you make, right?). I only have to do it if the Enrichment councilor isn't there - she could have her baby at any minute.
Mark's still working on the shed, slowly but surely. Since daylight savings time ended, he can only get 1-1 1/2 hours of work in before it gets dark (and really cold). The shingles are on & the "gable pieces" are on (the pointy part under the roof), so now we just need to put the window & door in & put the house-wrap on & we can start filling it up! I can't wait to clean out the garage! I think the rest of my house & life will be so much more organized & peaceful once the garage is clean!
Oooo, I have to tell of you two things I LOVE right now. 1) GAIN laundry detergent! I love the smell of it! It makes me happy every time I catch a whif. 2) Mint 3 Muskateers. Oh my! If you haven't tried them, you must. I got a bag of the fun size ones the other day at the Target clearout Halloween whatnot & LOVED THEM. They had some at Day's today, but they aren't a very good deal yet. Maybe by this weekend they'll really want to clear them out for a good price & I can stock up!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Who knows what is going to happen to all of us now, or in January. I didn't like McCain but I figured he was a better choice than Obama-rama. I am going to have to buy Gain detergent next because my costco one is just about out. And perhaps Carson could teach Livy how to talk. She is regressing. She used to say "belly-button" and "there" when I would ask where something is and now whining is the only sound she makes.
Mmm...your muffins sound delish! And I couldn't agree more with the GAIN laundry detergent. When I was roommates with Tatum and Molly, Tatum got my name for Christmas and gave me a huge container of it...I'm pretty sure it was because I love it so much, not because I smell. lol. I love that Cars is a total bath baby...cute. Claire is the same way.
Hilary! How are you? Sheesh...who doesn't blog these days? haha. Looks like you guys are doing great!
Hey Hilary! I found your blog through Amber's. Hope you don't mind! Carson is such a cutie! It's fun seeing what everyone's up to. Technology is amazing. BTW you do such a great job with enrichment!
Post a Comment