Last week while I was unpacking stuff from the car for Enrichment, I couldn't get the trunk to close! It sometimes has issues & you have to move the latch, etc., whatever. So Mark came & looked at it & he some how managed to get it closed. "Whatever you do, don't open the trunk!" he said.....
So yesterday I was on my way to Provo (for what turned out to be a marathon shopping day) & realized that if I was going to Costco I'd probably need to put stuff in the trunk. I pulled over to call Mark & see what he thought, but he didn't answer. I decided I didn't have that much to get & I could probably fit it in the backseat, so I drove on. About 3/4 of the way down the canyon, Mark called me. Just as I was telling him that I decided I didn't need the trunk, I hit a seam in the road & the red "You're trunk is open" sign came on!!! Talk about timing!! So I slowed down, pulled over to the side, put my flashers on & got into the backseat. Luckily Mark had left the roll of duct tape in the car - we've been keeping it on hand because the front of our car is falling off & we're keeping it somewhat attached with duct tape! - after I asked him to tidy up the car in case I needed to take it on our RS temple trip. So, I moved Carson from the middle of the backseat to the far side - still asleep in his carseat, which was super nice! - and pulled the seat down. I did the commando crawl to the back of the trunk & began my McGiver-esque attempt to tie the trunk closed with duct tape. I actually did a pretty good job - if I do say so myself - it wasn't bouncing or banging, but I was afraid that the tape would stretch or snap, so I went to Kmart & bought a bungy cord. I cut the tape & put that on, but it was worse than my first job. The trunk would bounce up a few inches & then come crashing down over every bump. So I climbed back there a third time & re-taped it. Quite the adventure! Once I got home, I realized that the light in the trunk stayed on because it was open. I took note & decided I'd tell Mark about it when he got home. Well, I forgot to tell him.....until I was saying my prayers & thanking Heavenly Father that things worked out & then the thought came to me that the light was still on in the trunk. So I woke Mark up & he went to the garage & ended up just unplugging the light!
But the up-side is that I have A LOT of my Christmas shopping done!! I was in Orem/Provo for 7 hours yesterday - but I got a lot done!!
Today I'm going thru all the books on our two crowded book shelves & trying to slim down/organize/get rid of what we have. I just put Carson down for a nap, so I better get crackin'!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a funny story! You are quite the adventurer and handy at that!
Yeah for getting shopping done!
nice. i can picture it right now, and i love it. i wish i were shopping with you! p.s. happy birthday!! sorry i didn't snag you on facebook, but i thought you might miss it with everyone else's comments! ha.
Post a Comment