Saturday morning we went to Ryan & Anna's and had a birthday breakfast for her & Kaitlyn. It was fun to visit with everyone & I got to hold little Avery for a while! After that I came home & cleaned the house in preparation for the post-baby blessing lunch. Then Anna & I went to American Fork/Lehi to go shopping while the guys watched the kids and the BYU game (I kinda think they watched the game more than kids....)
Today Paul & Brittney blessed their baby, Avery Lyn, in our ward. Her dress was darling & she didn't make a peep during the blessing. Laurel & I spent the last two hours of Church out in the hall. We both figured it was pointless to try to stay in Sunday School and Relief Society......here's why. I don't think this happened to anyone else but us...
I DID NOT remember it was the end of daylight savings time. I hadn't heard anything on the news, nobody had said anything, so I didn't move any of the clocks. Carson woke up & our clock said 5 AM. So I put him in bed with us & he went back to sleep. I was planning to get up around 6-6:30 to put my soup in the crockpot & finish getting things ready. So I didn't really sleep after Carson came to bed. Partly because I don't sleep when he's in bed with us (but I'd way rather lay in bed than get up) and partly because I was worried that I'd fall asleep & not have time to do what I needed to before Church. So I got up at 6:30 & woke Mark up at 7 because he had a meeting at 7:30. Carson woke up a little after 7. Mark got half way to his meeting & remembered that we should've changed our clocks. So I had pretty much been awake since FOUR IN THE MORNING!!! So Carson was really tired & that's why we didn't go to our classes.
Anyway, we had everybody over for lunch after Church & it went really well. Sharon, Anna, & I each made a batch of soup in the crockpot, so there wasn't much prepartion needed. We just used paper dishes, etc, so there wasn't even much to clean up. It was kind of cramped with that many people in our house, but all in all it turned out really well. I wasn't even flustered or frustrated (which usually happens when I do things like this) probably because I'd gotten most everything ready the night before.
It was great to have family here & to see some of Brittney's family again. Her grandparents are so sweet. A couple of Paul & Tim's friends (and their significant others) came too.
It was a great weekend!
2 comments:
What a good host you were! Thanks again for everything; we really love you guys and all that you do for us!
P.S. I forgot to get a check to you for the Cosco goods so I left one for you at Sharon's! There is also a baby announcement for you guys!
Post a Comment