Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gong Show

This weekend has been a little crazy....

Friday morning I watched a little girl in our ward (she's a month younger than Carson) while her mom went to a job interview. She bawled at the front door for the first hour! I tried to get her to watch Barney & play with toys. Carson took her some snacks & pointed at her "no" & "aahh" (nose & eyes), but she wasn't having any of it. After an hour, I went over again & asked her "Do you want to go outside?" She pointed at the door & said "Mama!" Then she left the door to find her shoes.....why didn't I think of that sooner!?!?! Probably because I needed to pack for everybody to go to Rexburg. So Susanna (the mom) came and brought Subway & we had lunch & then she & Norah (the little girl) left & Anna called so we could go to Park City. We had 30% off coupons to Gap, Old Nave, etc. So we left here at 1:30 & Mark came to pick me up from there at 3:00 (I power shopped - 2 stores, 3 sweaters (for the family picure....don't get me started) did a lot of damage). So then we made 3 stops in SLC, drove to HYRUM (to the very far edge of town to drop off the insulation blower (don't get me started)) and then on to RIGBY to drop of window sills & then to REXBURG. Good Heavens. Carson did so good in the truck. He slept for quite a bit & when he was awake, we listened to "Toddler Tunes" & he danced & talked & did so good.
So, Saturday we hung out at Tim & Laurel's (Thanks!!). The boys hooked up the laptop to the TV so they could watch the BYU game. Us girls went to PORTER's! & another cute store. It was fun to look around & hang out with Laurel & Brittney (especially 'cause we left the kids home with the boys.....I don't think it was as fun for them!!) I was going to take us up town in the truck, but we got in to go & IT WOULDN"T START!!! Mark tried to start it & made some phone calls & we debated taking one of Tim or Paul's cars home or staying over until Monday when some one could look at it. Mark tried it one more time when he went to get the carseat out (we were going to go to the Distribution center & then out to eat) & IT STARTED!! So we packed up our stuff quick & hit the road - and didn't turn the truck off!! We had to drop off a countertop in Pocatello, so we got home at 11pm. We were late for church this morning because we all slept in.
That's right, the gong show! But it was a really fun weekend. I love hanging out with Laurel & Brittney & their kids. And it's fun to get away sometimes.
But I didn't get my regular Saturday cleaning done, so tomorrow I'll be cleaning bathrooms, washing floors, vacuuming, doing laundry, etc, etc, etc!!
Carson's over his cold, I'm mostly over mine except I now have a big cluster of cold sores on the corner of my mouth - yowza!! But now Mark's getting a runny nose, etc. He's been popping the cold eze, so hopefully his won't turn into much.
This week I also need to get Christmas going & start packing for San Diego!!! I can't wait....for both!!

5 comments:

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

You are going a million miles a minute! It was fun to see you guys too! There is a lot of family coming to Heber for Thanksgiving... Laurel and I were thinking that if it's ok, that we would love to stay with you guys?! Let us know. I know that is a lot of people in your house... We were just thinking that the Olsen's could stay at Anna's and Natalie will most likely be at Sharon's. Glad you made it home in the truck!

Francis Family said...

Did i know you had a blog??? well one more person to add to my stalking list!! haha

kelsey said...

wow. that is intense. um, are you going to visit me when i'm in rexburg? you probably should. that's fun to get away, even if it was crazy.

Rachel Holloway said...

What a whirlwind little getaway! I am jealous you got to go back to the Burg. I never really thought I would miss it...but I kinda do sometimes....

The Wilsons said...

Sounds like an adventurous and very busy weekend! Glad you made it home okay with the truck!