Monday, November 10, 2008

Funny Things

Carson usually wakes up around 6am....which is fine....but not really. I'm not much of a morning person so I'll usually go get him & lay him down in our bed once he wakes up. Sometimes he'll lay there for a few minutes and then it's off the bed & out to explore the dark house. I have to laugh because he comes back with the funniest things to play with. I can hear him walking around & then he comes back to our room & climbs up on the nightstand & then on the bed with whatever he's found. Sometimes it's a book; sometimes it's a toy. A week or so ago it was the top to a toy/puzzle box that has the wires all twisted around with big beads on them (I'm pretty sure every doctor's office has one). He lugged the whole thing up on the bed. We played with it for a minute & then he was gone again. This weekend he brought something from off the kitchen table. We have to keep the chairs pushed in or else he gets up there & wrecks stuff, but we left one out & he climbed up there & got the lid off the water pitcher & brought that to me! It's not like he's gone for five minutes & is looking around for these things either. He gets off the bed, runs down the hall, picks something up, runs back to the bedroom, climbs up on the bed (with lots of grunts), and hands me his treasure.

I "taught" the CTR 5 class yesterday - so fun! They were practicing for the primary program, so I only had like 1/2 hour to spend with them in class. They sat really well in the chapel while they praciticed their speaking parts, then we went to the primary room & praciticed the songs, and they were a little wiggly in there. I didn't know how much to expect from them because they're 5, so I let them wiggle a little - baby a little bit too much! Anyway, once we got into the classroom, I said "You guys did pretty good while we were practicing. Sometimes it's hard to hold still for a long time, huh?" They were silent & looked at me like "Hold still? It wasn't that bad." So then I asked them if they'd done anything fun this past week. One little boy had gone to the zoo & played at his grandparents house. Then another little boy told us that he went to his grandparents house & he played with there dog Buddy. "Buddy's so fast." They were all so cute. They were sitting on their big chairs with their legs tucked under them Indian style & we just visited. Then we played spin the bottle & they told something they knew about Jesus. Everyone had their favorite answer: "He stopped the storm" "He's with us all the time to the end" "He died for me" "He loves me" "He stopped the storm" "He's with us and Heavenly Father. All the time, to the end" I loved it!! Then we played a matching game that I brought & they'd try to trick each other & say where the match was even though we hadn't turned any cards over yet. So fun! Then we ate fruit roll ups. There were 4 kids & there were 2 yellow, 1 red, & 1 green roll up. "You two are matching & you two are Christmas colors!" I said. "Do you know what the Primary colors are? Red, yellow, and blue! But we don't have a blue do we? Did you know that if you mix blue & yellow you get green?" Hunter says, "Yeah, I knew that." "Because you're in kindergarten & you're smart, huh?" "Yup, even when I was a baby when I was one, I knew that." "Oh, you're super smart then!" It was really fun!!! I can't wait for Carson to say funny things!

I have Carson's cold now although I don't have his scratchy throat. He's napping right now & I need to work on RS stuff. Maybe I'll go put some soup in the crockpot & do it later......

3 comments:

The Wilsons said...

I love being in primary with all those cute kids! Aren't they great? They always say the funniest things! Hunter had so much fun in Primary with you yesterday. He couldn't wait to show me his red tongue from his treat in class. You are so cute.

Laurel said...

That makes me miss primary. I also miss the days when Olivia would stay in bed with me and let me sleep for another hour while she tried to figure out how to get off the bed. Now she is an explorer too. Carson sounds like he finds more treasures though... Livy doesn't have that much territory to conquer.

kelsey said...

ugh. i hate primary. lol... but really... kids are funny, and i can't wait for my own to be funny as well. i am extremely happy for your shed completion, as well as the "noh." we're planning a trip up there... i'll keep you posted.